2019 tahoe - running board question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JC 707

Reaction score
What is the recommended product to keep running boards nice/protect from sun but not leave super slippery. I have 2/5/6 year olds who love going inside the truck and prefer not to take a trip to the ER lol.

Thanks!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Others will chime in too. Mine are black so I use McGuires black for plastic and trim. It comes in a small bottle that I dab on a sponge to wipe on. No slip but good shine. Just be careful not to get on chrome or paint without a damp cloth nearby. Where are the pics of your rig?

briarpatch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been told CeraKote works very well for running boards and does not make them slippery.

YuriYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here’s one you may not want to use. I recently applied “Mothers Back to Black” to the factory running boards of our ’18 xl and I felt the slickness was a bit too high as I closely watched our 2 and 6 year old clones climb up. Was even more slippery than what I care for when I step up. This was in an insulated garage with temps around the mid 40s. Will be trying out aerospace 303 next time.

DanielYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use solution finish to restore the running board. Lasts about a year. I just put Meguairs plastic trim detailer for maintenance and protection from UV. Doesn't slip and seems to hold up pretty ell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17