2019 Tahoe or Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpcortese

Reaction score
My local dealer has suggested that I may want to wait a bit longer since the 2019 Tahoe and Yukon will be available in the fourth quarter. He wasn't specific as to any changes from the 2018 model year, just that the Premier would be available with the 6.2 and 10 speed tranny. Anyone know more about the changes? So, what is the consensus? Wait a few more months or buy a 2018 now? My current ride is a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee and waiting would be no problem.

09 L9H

not a boomer
Reaction score
My dream truck would be a Tahoe Premier with 6.2 and 10-speed. You could get the RST with a 6.2 and 10-speed now, but you're looking at high $60s/low $70s. The 2019 Premier could be slightly cheaper. Just depends on whether you prefer the look of the RST (rims, black trim, etc.) or the Premier.

Last edited:

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Interesting to see that they are getting rid of Tungsten and replacing it with the Shadow Gray. Love the color of my truck...kind of wish they got rid of it a while ago as I've been seeing a lot more Tungsten Tahoes on the road as of late when the first year or two that I had it I would rarely see them.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Interesting to see that they are getting rid of Tungsten and replacing it with the Shadow Gray. Love the color of my truck...kind of wish they got rid of it a while ago as I've been seeing a lot more Tungsten Tahoes on the road as of late when the first year or two that I had it I would rarely see them.

Is that iridium in the yukon? Two+ years ago when I bought mine in that color I literally don’t recall ever seeing another one like it. Now that seems to be the default color unless it’s a livery and then it’s always black.

Still of the color though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is the Iridium color on the Yukon line.

Around here Yukons are almost always white or black still, seems pretty rare to see them in other colors.

xHELLHOUNDx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My local dealer has suggested that I may want to wait a bit longer since the 2019 Tahoe and Yukon will be available in the fourth quarter. He wasn't specific as to any changes from the 2018 model year, just that the Premier would be available with the 6.2 and 10 speed tranny. Anyone know more about the changes? So, what is the consensus? Wait a few more months or buy a 2018 now? My current ride is a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee and waiting would be no problem.

So, when will the 2019’s be available at the dealership?

salanizi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would suggest to wait 1 more year and there will probably be a new model as a 2020...

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, when will the 2019’s be available at the dealership?

One of the local dealers in DC has 2019 inventory listed on their website already, as “in transit”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401