2019 Tahoe LT - front window defogger button question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JC 707

Reaction score
When I press the front defogger button the AC light doesn't turn on. On all my previous cars when pressing the defogger button the AC light would light up.

Just wondering if everyone else's Tahoe behaves the same or maybe there is some sort of defect with mine? Thanks!

Sarah_279

Reaction score
I also have a '19 LT, my AC light doesn't turn on when the defrosters are on either.
Probably normal.
Or... I wonder if it has something to to with the Auto climate control ... if you had it in Auto climate and turned on the defroster, it might do something different depending on the outside temp. It's very cold where I'm at so I wouldn't be able to try it. But that's my guess.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have one of these newer vehicles so I read up about the Auto Defroster settings in the manual. I did not realize that the vehicles with that option sense the humidity and adjusts the Auto Defroster accordingly. That's pretty cool, as long as it works.

OP
OP
J

JC 707

Reaction score
Thanks! I was reading my manual last night and came across that auto defroster setting. I may play around with it tonight after work as I am not sure it is on, apparently it is in the customize option in the settings on screen somewhere.

I am wondering if the auto defroster works when the car is off as well. Its pretty cold out here and rainy at the moment and I am getting condensation on the front windshield for some reason and this is after the truck as been sitting for a few days outside. I was thinking there was a leak but couldn't find any leaks thank goodness. Still a little paranoid about it tho.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I press the front defogger button the AC light doesn't turn on. On all my previous cars when pressing the defogger button the AC light would light up.

Just wondering if everyone else's Tahoe behaves the same or maybe there is some sort of defect with mine? Thanks!
Just tested yesterday as a result of your question. My 2019 Denali also does NOT turn on the AC when front defog is selected. To me this seems counter to logic, but it's the way it is...

OP
OP
J

JC 707

Reaction score
Just tested yesterday as a result of your question. My 2019 Denali also does NOT turn on the AC when front defog is selected. To me this seems counter to logic, but it's the way it is...

Appreciate you testing it out!

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the 2019 Suburban Owner’s Manual:

“Press to clear the windshield of fog or frost more quickly. Air is directed to the windshield and the side window vents. The system automatically forces outside air into the vehicle and the air conditioning compressor will run, unless the outside temperature is close to freezing.” See P 198.

I hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094