2019 Tahoe/Hitch Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Matthew Uzzle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not all of the 2015-2020 lower trim Tahoes and Suburbans have the mounting bracket installed on the bumper cover to accommodate the cover, FYI. That's what I have noticed if I'm ever behind one that doesn't have the cover. There are none of those tabs along the top that the cover hangs off of. I also noticed a possibly 2015ish that seemed to have a slightly different design bumper cover. The little plastic cap that hides the spare tire lock/lowering slot seemed to look different than the styles that get somewhat covered by the hitch cover.

I have also seen Police variants that do not come with a hitch integrated in the bumper as well.
Hmm interesting. I’ll have to see if mine has the mounting bracket. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
23139222_2[1].jpg

Here's the cover and bracket from a Tahoe/Suburban. It's a different shape than the Yukon cover. There isn't a lower bracket as far as I know, but without looking I can't remember what the quarter turn thumb screws thread in to at the bottom.

You can see they supply the 6 rivets for installing the bracket.

It's a nifty design but super easy to steal. Hopefully not many thieves are aware. Or perhaps their focus is on high price items like wheels instead!

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the tahoe/burb do have different rear bumpers than the gmc...the main difference is the gmc has a lower black trim that run along the bottom edge, it is a separate part. the cover mimics this look,

i would bet by shape, the chevy cover would work, just wouldnt have the textured lower area.

i am looking for a yukon xl rear bumper ( if it works out my way), otherwise i plan to paint that lower lip to mimic the look. it carries the black trim along bottom from front to rear of vehicle, and once i lift our burb, it does make it appear to sit higher

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the tahoe/burb do have different rear bumpers than the gmc...the main difference is the gmc has a lower black trim that run along the bottom edge, it is a separate part. the cover mimics this look,

i would bet by shape, the chevy cover would work, just wouldnt have the textured lower area.

i am looking for a yukon xl rear bumper ( if it works out my way), otherwise i plan to paint that lower lip to mimic the look. it carries the black trim along bottom from front to rear of vehicle, and once i lift our burb, it does make it appear to sit higher

Correct. You can see the little square for the spare tire lifting mechanism/lock mechanism on the Tahoe/Suburban is separated from the hitch cover whereas on the Yukon it is somewhat covered by the hitch cover. And I also believe the Cadillac Escalade spare tire mechanism is also covered by the hitch cover. Maybe they did it this way because all Yukons and Escalades come factory with the hitch cover, but not all Tahoes and Suburbans.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the GMC and CADIALLAC is also physically different at the lower body line. the chevy is a 1 piece rear cover, the others are 2 piece.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the GMC and CADIALLAC is also physically different at the lower body line. the chevy is a 1 piece rear cover, the others are 2 piece.

That is true but also strange considering that they all have the separate air dam piece below the front bumper.

Reaction score
Shawn thanks for the reply. I got my cover last night (in OEM new condition, still in mfg tape I might add!) and it actually did come with the twist locks! Win/win

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore