2019 Tahoe for towing. Difference between tow and max trailer package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThisIsLivin

Reaction score
Get the 6.2L whatever you do. I tow a 6,000lb boat and trailer and after I upgraded the brakes to PowerStop pads it tows beautifully. I had the Magneride, but replaced them with the units from Arnott. Best move ever, if I would have known how much they improved the ride I would have done it when it was new. The PowerStop pads make a big difference with a surge brake system, more so than with electric. But it's nice to know I can stop it easily if the trailer brakes fail.

dhchicago

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Tahoe LT with Max Trailering. I purchased to specifically tow my Travel Trailer (5,850 dry weight). Last I hit the scale, my trailer was around 6,200 loaded and have no problem towing. I use a good weight distribution hitch and keep it at 55-60 on the highway.

The Max Trailering Package is important because you get the 3.42 gears, break controller, sway control, heavy duty cooling, heavy duty suspension, etc

Furthermore, I went with the Tahoe LT vs Premier because the LT has Air Leveling Suspension vs the Magnaride. When I hook the trailer up, the Tahoe gets itself nice and level automatically.

View attachment 251103

View attachment 251102

View attachment 251100

I have the same setup and similar trailer weight. I hate to tell you that you are most likely over your 12k GCWR....I just weighed on the Cat scales 3 times.

SD_KSG83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same setup and similar trailer weight. I hate to tell you that you are most likely over your 12k GCWR....I just weighed on the Cat scales 3 times.

With the Max Trailering Package, Jason101's 2017 Tahoe has a GCWR of 14000 lbs. He should be more than good to go with a 6200 lb. travel trailer, even if he's fully loaded the TV to max GVWR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec