2019 headlight help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

ptm82379

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the vleds micro extreme 6000k h11 in a 2019 tahoe halogen projector housing.

They aren't intense as a hid bulb but I wanted plug and play. These fit the bill nicely and were more consistent then the morimoro 2 stroke 3.0.

20210527_220114.jpg 20210527_220111.jpg

bob3700

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Across the river from the Arch in St. Louis
Here is a pic of the vleds micro extreme 6000k h11 in a 2019 tahoe halogen projector housing.

They aren't intense as a hid bulb but I wanted plug and play. These fit the bill nicely and were more consistent then the morimoro 2 stroke 3.0.

View attachment 280392 View attachment 280393

How do I know what low beam headlights I have in my 2017 Yukon Denali? Are they Halogen or HID lights? If HID, what bulb designation D2 or D3?

Looking to up grade the intensity of my low beam lighting system.

OP
OP
P

ptm82379

Reaction score
How do I know what low beam headlights I have in my 2017 Yukon Denali? Are they Halogen or HID lights? If HID, what bulb designation D2 or D3?

Looking to up grade the intensity of my low beam lighting system.

The factory hid system has a ballast on top of the housing. It might be slightly off to the side but it's near the top and it's silver.

DS3 is the bulb size on 2019 so I'd figure the rest of this generation are the same.

You can also pull the dust cap on the driver's side very easily and look to see if it is an h11.

If you have halogen bulbs then LED is the only true plug and play option. HID will require running wires, ballasts, relays, and drilling a hole or 2. It's not terrible but it is more modification than some want to do. Of I were going this route I'd replace the housings or do a retrofit with something that has better projection and adjustment.

Last edited:

bob3700

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Across the river from the Arch in St. Louis
The factory hid system has a ballast on top of the housing. It might be slightly off to the side but it's near the top and it's silver.

DS3 is the bulb size on 2019 so I'd figure the rest of this generation are the same.

You can also pull the dust cap on the driver's side very easily and look to see if it is an h11.

If you have halogen bulbs then LED is the only true plug and play option. HID will require running wires, ballasts, relays, and drilling a hole or 2. It's not terrible but it is more modification than some want to do. Of I were going this route I'd replace the housings or do a retrofit with something that has better projection and adjustment.

I pulled the dust cap off and opened the access ring on the drivers side. The bulbs were square silver and had DS3 printed on them.
So now the decision is whether I go with the Philips extreme Vision or the OSRAM Night Breaker Laser bulbs. The shootout video showed the Phillips to be the brighter of the two at 1680 lums.

OP
OP
P

ptm82379

Reaction score
I pulled the dust cap off and opened the access ring on the drivers side. The bulbs were square silver and had DS3 printed on them.
So now the decision is whether I go with the Philips extreme Vision or the OSRAM Night Breaker Laser bulbs. The shootout video showed the Phillips to be the brighter of the two at 1680 lums.

Glad you found out what they were. Unfortunately I can't help much from here but you can check the retrofit source. They have alot of hid components too.

OP
OP
P

ptm82379

Reaction score
Just posted these 2 to have a comparison close to one another...hard to say.

Yes I agree, it could have just been my housings. I've seen where there are some large variations in these. Both are a HUGE improvement over stock halogens.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trying to get both pics in one thread...didnt feel like downloading other images....

Just want a side by side for others. Hard to say, some eyes are shaper than others...dont think anyone could go wrong with either choice.

Xsbank

Reaction score
If you have HID low beams, the high beams are 9005s. I have factory HIDs still, I have not tried to upgrade with brighter bulbs…yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287