2019 GMC Yukon Denali..Trans Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chalie M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Considering future trans service (when that time comes), is it going to be a big deal getting than pan down any input would be appreciated. Is the gasket reusable (my wife’s envoy had a steel gasket on it) ?

Thanks
Chalie M

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best bet is to pull the exhaust. I would be hesitant to "pull" it down like many do. Adding unnecessary stress has the potential to create cracks down the road. I do believe the pans have a reusable gasket as well.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2019 and 2020 do have a dipstick. Opening up the pan to clean it out, replace the filter, and especially clean off the magnet is a really good thing. Perhaps replacing the pan with one that has a drain plug would also make future services a breeze.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how many miles do you have on your '19?

i followed the severe maintenance schedule & chg'd it @ 45k
just had the dealer do the fluid exchg, as they recommended.
i even inquired about chg'ing the filter & they said not needed this early

they said @ 90k to drop pan & chg filter
i'll probably chg it closer to 70-75

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on what you do. Having a minty clean pan and fresh filter always seems like a good idea to go along with fresh fluid. But it's definitely more work involved. It's up to the end user.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Error to the side of caution. If I am doing a trans flush the filter/screen is going to get changed and I want to see inside that pan and also clean the magnet.

huntster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience removing the exhaust flange bolts on a regular basis from new? Do they remain removable after 2-3 years and 45,000 miles, or do you have to remove them sooner to keep them servicable?

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on how rusty and crusty they are. I haven't looked yet to see if they are bolts and nuts. If they are bolts and nuts, worst case you cut them off and then install new bolts and nuts which is relatively easy to do. Penetrating oil for weeks in advance also helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts