2019 Esky items that the dealer is telling me are normal. I disagree.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RobV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you using a Cadillac Dealer or just a GM certified Dealer, you may have better luck at a Cadillac Dealer. You would think at the price point for Cadillac's the service would be outstanding but not always so, it seems hit and miss with Dealers. I try to build a rapport with my Dealer service writer and technician and stick with them. Have been with the same one for years. Favorite soda, drink or snack foods go a long way with each visit. Good luck and I hope you get it fixed.
Local Caddy dealer. I used to bring my Yukon there too. I guess I expected better service now that I actually have a caddy. So far, the only difference seems to be that I had no problem getting a loaner car. Well, kinda, first they gave me a nasty smelling smoked in caddy mini suv. Traded that out for an Altima.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent taken the door panels off my 17 so I don't know exactly whats under there. However, I did take the tailgate cover off AND passenger side rear interior section. The new style clips are a ****** to pry off and on the tailgate, I broke a few. This being careful and using a plastic panel popper kit. So if you are going to try it on your own, I would certainly look online to see which clips are being used and buy some replacement clips first.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 Esky CPO. I have it in to the dealer for a few warranty items that I think are off.

--Does the left side of the seatback sit further from the wheel than the right side? Angled? I feel like I'm sitting crooked, and I even measured from the wheel and its at least 3/4-1" further away from the wheel than the right side. And you can see it clearly where the seatback meets the seat.

--Does anyone's driver door panel feel plasticy and cheap every single time your leg presses on it, or you put your arm on it to rest? I feel like the clips all need grease or something.....and was amused when they said they could grease it but it would wear off in 3mos. Grease.....not WD40.

Dealer is telling me this is all normal for a 3yo. $65k truck. I just don't feel this is normal for the queen of the brand. My Yukon wasn't like this. I don't have pics at the moment as it's at the dealer.

Thanks!!!
The steering wheel is angled on this and previous gens. It is not parallel to the seatback. Normal and can't be fixed.

SuperOldSchool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The offset steering wheel item is normal. There are folks on other sites commenting on the same thing .

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The steering wheel is angled on this and previous gens. It is not parallel to the seatback. Normal and can't be fixed.

I think Car and Driver complained about that on every review they did of a K2 truck.

OP
OP
R

RobV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Even if the steering wheel is off......it still doesn’t explain what you can see visually where the seat back meets the seat base. It’s angled. Also, when you run the recline all the way forward, you can see the left side of the seat moving while the right side is stationary. A video is worth 1000 words so I’ll grab one just for explanations sake.

In fact, here’s a photo of the “good” seat that we found on an 18’ I found at the dealer. This one is straight. My seat back is on an angle like you see with the red line. I don’t have a pic of mine, but I’ll grab one for comparison. C028122B-5C18-474C-9D64-10CB75BE0E2C.jpeg

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if the steering wheel is off......it still doesn’t explain what you can see visually where the seat back meets the seat base. It’s angled. Also, when you run the recline all the way forward, you can see the left side of the seat moving while the right side is stationary. A video is worth 1000 words so I’ll grab one just for explanations sake.

In fact, here’s a photo of the “good” seat that we found on an 18’ I found at the dealer. This one is straight. My seat back is on an angle like you see with the red line. I don’t have a pic of mine, but I’ll grab one for comparison. View attachment 366171
That sounds like an issue with the recliner mechanism.

OP
OP
R

RobV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So.....some resolution. My dealer absolutely refuses to warranty this seat, and wants to put a new seat bottom cushion on it just to try and make it match up visually to my twisting recliner.

In other great news.....I sent multiple vids to the sales manager I bought it from....and his first words on the callback were “hey, Rob, this seat us fu$$ed up, how can someone not see that?”

So, I guess I’m driving 3hrs back to where I bought it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts