2019 Buffet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RossM

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Denali and around 18000 miles the sunroof leaked water. I had always had that buffeting noise / pressure. I thought it was a poor design of a GM truck. Come to find out the cross members of the roof had come unglued. What a nightmare. Finally fixed almost two months later. Dealers can really screw things up when taking things apart. No pride in their work anymore. All the trim had to be replaced( dealer screw up). It seems fixed now. There is a bulletin out on this matter. Depends on how many cross members come unglued to how bad matters get. It effects all yukons, escales, tahoes and suburbans 2015-2018, not sure about 2019. I've always had GM suvs but I'm staying away from them for a few years. I'm keeping this one until it dies. This one also had the transmission shutter, flushed three times seems ok now. GM stated there was no fix for it as of the end of 2018 beginning of 2019. You wonder on the quality of design from GM now. 2020 stay away for the first year or two. GM offered nothing in return for not having vehicle for so long except a crappy base little eco box suv as a loaner.

shelton_yukon17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my 17 started with a booming/chattering noise like the buffeting. Took it in. Turns out it was transmission slipping wile on freeway 8th gear with low rpms. They did a fluid flush and replaced with synthetic per some GMC notifications and.....it’s fixed so far.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
25k on my 17 'Burb. No noises from the roof. What I do hate is the rattling coming from the 2nd row single seat (split bench). Seems like the latch has just a bit of slack in it. Seats are cloth so the lack of the weight from not having leather is probably causing it to shimmy over bumps. I throw my gym bag on that seat and the rattle goes away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe