2018 Yukon/New Member with Yukon Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRBoat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good day everyone,
I’m new to the Forum, however have been on the Ram Forum for sometime, I know how they work.
I’m looking at changing the rear and front diff fluids on my 2018 Yukon SLE. Are there drain plugs? If not, is there any diff covers with drain plugs available? I reside in Ontario, Canada. Also, I have one of the hoses that run in front of the engine coming from the passenger side (Rad?) to the driver’s side of engine (2 lines runs side by side) and the top one is leaking. What are these lines? Trans or motor cooling lines?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated, thanks.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good day everyone,
I’m new to the Forum, however have been on the Ram Forum for sometime, I know how they work.
I’m looking at changing the rear and front diff fluids on my 2018 Yukon SLE. Are there drain plugs? If not, is there any diff covers with drain plugs available? I reside in Ontario, Canada. Also, I have one of the hoses that run in front of the engine coming from the passenger side (Rad?) to the driver’s side of engine (2 lines runs side by side) and the top one is leaking. What are these lines? Trans or motor cooling lines?
The front differential has a drain plug. The rear does not, take the pan down, the gasket is reusable. YourCovers may makes rear covers with drain plugs, just have to check and see if they make one for your 12-bolt 9.5" Salisbury axle. Not sure about the lines on the K2s, they utilize a different way to cool the transmission fluid.

lbenson

Reaction score
Good day everyone,
If you can post a picture of the leaking lines I or another member may be able to identify them. The engine oil cooler lines and the transmission cooler lines are known for leaking on these trucks.

I just replaced my engine oil cooler lines. They are a little closer to the drivers side in front of the engine where they leaked.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
JRBoat

JRBoat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is looking from driver’s side fender. Don’t mind the dirt!

Attachments

• A671FB3F-B28C-41B6-A2FC-990583812074.jpeg
    A671FB3F-B28C-41B6-A2FC-990583812074.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 645D635D-BE76-4275-BC63-311A031F6022.jpeg
    645D635D-BE76-4275-BC63-311A031F6022.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
JRBoat

JRBoat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone knowing these lines are for engine or trans?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
JRBoat

JRBoat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the info and part number!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep