2018 Yukon Denali Lane Departure Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkman610

Reaction score
I just took delivery of my new(ish) 2018 Yukon Denali in Polar/Arctic White. I was testing it out on the way home from the dealer and the lane departure system/warnings isn't working, I can see the icon on the dashboard telling me something but it doesn't send the vibration to my seat or give me the chime. I took it into the dealer the next day (today) and they sent me home saying something about low voltage and that they adjusted it, however on the way home it wasn't working, which made me turn right back around and have left it with them thus far overnight. Anyone else (2015 and newer) have a lane departure issue to share?

OP
OP
dkman610

dkman610

Reaction score
Update 09.07.2018
The dealership went to great lengths to explain this to me and I'm satisfied. In a nutshell the lane departure warning doesn't work the same in the 2018 as it did/does in the 2015. It is to give less warnings and thus less wear and tear on the system itself. I'm satisfied and got the car back and rolling along, now only to figure/fix out my lack of a DVD player with two young ones who have gotten used to the one that was in the 2015.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe contact user name GTPprix and see if he has any ideas. He is listed in the sticky above your thread in the "audio and electronics" section and deals in that type of electronics. I had the GM headrest DVDs installed in my 2008 Tahoe for $1800. I can't believe they have gone up that much. I can't believe that a Dealer would even order a top of the line Denali without a DVD player. Good luck.

OP
OP
dkman610

dkman610

Reaction score
Maybe contact user name GTPprix and see if he has any ideas. He is listed in the sticky above your thread in the "audio and electronics" section and deals in that type of electronics. I had the GM headrest DVDs installed in my 2008 Tahoe for $1800. I can't believe they have gone up that much. I can't believe that a Dealer would even order a top of the line Denali without a DVD player. Good luck.

What kills me is that aftermarket ones with 2 headphones, 2 remotes, can run simultaneously or separate of each other and 500x games for each player are $215 shipped! If only I had the guts to install them myself I'd just take that route, and am still considering it at the risk of damaging my brand new 74k vehicle (although I talked them down a bit.)

OP
OP
dkman610

dkman610

Reaction score
What kills me is that aftermarket ones with 2 headphones, 2 remotes, can run simultaneously or separate of each other and 500x games for each player are $215 shipped! If only I had the guts to install them myself I'd just take that route, and am still considering it at the risk of damaging my brand new 74k vehicle (although I talked them down a bit.)
I'm guessing the vehicle was the price I paid for it without the DVD and sunroof, otherwise it has EVERYTHING else including the moving running boards/10sp transmission, I got them to let me keep my 20's off my 2015 and swap them off the new one since the wheels on the new one were the worst kind of wheels I've ever seen on a Denali and my tires are only a couple months old. I had 70k miles on the 15 and didn't want to run into issues as I felt were starting (personally) on it. The new one has a bumper to bumper for life (at the low cost of $3300)

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing that I would consider is that a GM unit installed by a GM Dealer carries a GM warranty and is there responsibility if something goes wrong with the unit or the install. If you go aftermarket you are on your own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne