2018 Tahoe rst 6.2 engine noise..gurgle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labird

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2018 6.2L Tahoe premier with the RST package, but not the double exhaust, that makes a gurgling (closest word I can relate noise to) noise when I accelerate. It has about 4,000 miles. It’s not constant and it’s not the normal rumble of the motor. Anyone else?

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it sound like it is exhaust related? Could be your flapper valve in the exhaust, after the muffler. Check out the "bolt mod."

OP
OP
Labird

Labird

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does it sound like it is exhaust related? Could be your flapper valve in the exhaust, after the muffler. Check out the "bolt mod."
It seems to be coming more from the drivers side right about under the pedals.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
How's your coolant level? And before you say it's a new car, I know. Most new vehicles need a coolant top off as the remainder of the air bleeds out from the factory fill

If you place the vehicle in neutral and rev the engine, does it do it?

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you compared it to another 2015+ 6.2 under similar conditions i.e. cold/warm engine?

OP
OP
Labird

Labird

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How's your coolant level? And before you say it's a new car, I know. Most new vehicles need a coolant top off as the remainder of the air bleeds out from the factory fill

If you place the vehicle in neutral and rev the engine, does it do it?
I will check the level. Thanks!

OP
OP
Labird

Labird

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you compared it to another 2015+ 6.2 under similar conditions i.e. cold/warm engine?
Funny you should ask, a friend just got the new 2019 6.2 suburban and I am going to check with him. Thanks!

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 6.2L Tahoe premier with the RST package, but not the double exhaust, that makes a gurgling (closest word I can relate noise to) noise when I accelerate. It has about 4,000 miles. It’s not constant and it’s not the normal rumble of the motor. Anyone else?
I have the same Tahoe as you I only here that coming out of exhaust when you start it up how many mpgs are you getting has you mpgs improved since the da.y you bought it

zcarczar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2 6.2's, one in an Escalade and one in a Tahoe. Both make similar noises with the engine running, sounds similar to a cammed V-8 with headers.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2 6.2's, one in an Escalade and one in a Tahoe. Both make similar noises with the engine running, sounds similar to a cammed V-8 with headers.

Are they completely stock? What about the exhaust, is that the standard factory ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2015YukonDen

Latest posts