2018 Tahoe Black Out DRL/LB Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I know the answer is probably here, but looking to replace the aforementioned lights with LEDs. Have replaced fog lights with these...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1XQ52H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and personally, I think they are great. Not a bad price point. Looking to replace the DRL/Low Beams with something close but I don't want to be that guy everyone gets pissed at 'cause they cant see. Like the bright white look....

FYI...last Tahoe I had was a Ducks Unlimited version and boy did that turn heads...

Akinshake

Reaction score
Do you have before and after nighttime pics of the fog lights? I bought the same lights but I tinted my lenses before I did the swap. Just kind of curious how much light I’m losing. They still seem really bright.

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
Check out the Morimoto XB Square LED fog. It’s a black housing and a projector LED.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, 72w bulbs in fogs is big - stock is 20w. The stock DRL on my 2018 LT are the led strips, so Im not sure you can replace them without cracking the housing open. As for low beams, I just put in the hikari 2019 "clockable" set thats only 37 bones on amz. You can rotate them while in the housing to optimize pattern which is always an issue with projectors. It really did change the pattern quite a bit. I will need to test them tonight, but they seem about as bright as h9s on my garage wall (h9 was my first mod which is a little brighter than stock). They are much whiter, and I hope they project as far out on the road (always an issue with led). If they dont work out, Im gonna spring for a more expensive bulb...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took them out tonight and they are good. Better than stock or h9s bulbs, and they do actually throw light (bet the $90 are really good). Hard to tell at first since the intellabeam or whatever its called kept turning on the brights on dark roads, but once I figured out how to turn that feature off, they performed well enough. I still prefer a 4300k hid temp like my car has, but this 6000 is alright. Gonna leave the brights stock with the slight yellow for rainy nights on dark blacktops, and match the fogs to these...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Craig MacDonald
Reaction score
I will get some pics tonight. Yes, the fogs are pretty bright, but they don't throw the beam up like high beams and I am not that "I have fog lights so I have to have them on to be cool" guy. I live in florida and I primarily use the fogs at night so I can see critters. And they work great. Also got the LED bow tie, that goes on this weekend if I get motivated early enough before it hits the 90s. One thing interesting, I have read that folks need to align their beams after replacing OEM with LEDs for the headlights, mine were spot on just twisting them in. Literally plug and play. Also interesting, the first time after I installed the LEDs my backup cam did do a little wobble, or whatever you call it, but since then its been right as rain. I notice nothing wierd at all....