2018 Suburban Paint issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike6681

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen any paint issues or fit and finish issues?

I picked up a 2018 Suburban 3 days ago and put the first coat of wax on and noticed some paint issued on the roof, not sure what to call it but looks like paint did cover an area and another spot looks like paint cracked under the clear, drivers door doesn't fit flush like passenger door.

79qHBd5gQx6hOkly7zZRSw.jpg
aXAF2J7JRuaNNjkesdmiaw.jpg
CR2EejfrTeuzEnw1GCgvhQ_1.jpg
Y26AyEoSSrOfFUcCtFH1tg_1.jpg
left door
3RP0oDhQQHecjz3dgfhog.jpg
Q8lZAy4oQQuF3Vc8VMMw.jpg
IFSaXgzTPu66Bey4YEF1A_1.jpg

Serg-214

Reaction score
Haven't noticed any paint issues on my 18 and I wash it by hand about once a week. I did notice my passenger door is just like yours where it doesn't sit flush. Bothered me a lot at first but after paying close attention to other cars in general(not just GM)....I noticed a quite a few of them, at least the newer models are like that.

JWBGMC

Reaction score
I would assume that the warranty would cover correcting the paint issue.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 13 tahoe had what i would call smudge marks, like a kid putting their palm on the side of the truck in a few spots... wash wax still saw it.. I finally claybarred polished waxed etc and they disappeared. Yours look like unclean spot under the paint. If it really bothers you take it back and make them fix it.
The door catch can be adjusted in so the door lines up... also had to do this on my 13 when i picked it up new.... my 01 had same issue, all on passenger side...

OP
OP
M

mike6681

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update took the truck in. Whole roof has to be repainted for the small mark due to the color. Also noticed run marks on 3 of the 4 door corners, both corners of the rear hatch, corners of two fenders, some dirt in the clear on the hood. This is by far the worst paint I have ever seen in any chevy I have owned. Now my problem is, I am worried to have a body shop, repaint the whole vehicle, with my luck it will be worse than it is now. Part of the reason is i just had a chevy body shop repaint half of my 2018 Equinox that was involved in an accident and its back up there still after 30 days gettin repainted cause the work was questionable.

tedv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update took the truck in. Whole roof has to be repainted for the small mark due to the color. Also noticed run marks on 3 of the 4 door corners, both corners of the rear hatch, corners of two fenders, some dirt in the clear on the hood. This is by far the worst paint I have ever seen in any chevy I have owned. Now my problem is, I am worried to have a body shop, repaint the whole vehicle, with my luck it will be worse than it is now. Part of the reason is i just had a chevy body shop repaint half of my 2018 Equinox that was involved in an accident and its back up there still after 30 days gettin repainted cause the work was questionable.

Curious ... what color is you new Suburban?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine has lots of nubs under the paint (small drips too) and the passenger side door isnt flush but I dont have that. GM isnt known for their paint but what you have there is outside of the norm for them IMO...I'd log it with the dealer ASAP.

James 2018 Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a new 2018 Yukon Denali in Black and I am amazed at how many scratches and swirls are all over the truck.
I had a 2010 Escalade in Black and the paint on that looked better than the Yukon by a mile even after 5 years when I traded it.

I know black vehicles show everyting but I think there is an overall issue with paint on the 2018 vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt