2018 Suburban Lt - New Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hatbackwards

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all:

This is my first post of any sort on a forum. So here it goes.

Purchased a 2018 Suburban Lt (it was used w/ 42K miles). Low and behold the front end suspension was bad and needed to be replaced. Once the repairs were made, the transmission went bad due to the wave plate. So we received a new model transmission (calibrated and tuned by Chevy). Now the AC is not blowing cold air. The compressor is kicking on, just no cold air.

Here are the questions on AC:

1. When the transmission was replaced with a new model, is the freon removed to change transmission? 2. Could they have not re-charged the AC?
3. What if they did remove and recharge ac, what is the replacement refrigeration? 1234YF or R134a?
4. Where in the heck is the low port? With a new transmission, would something have been changed with the ac system? Can someone please point this out with a picture or exact location?

Questions on Transmission:
The transmission was changed in autumn. During the winter, I started noticing spots on the driveway. Noting huge, but over time it adds up. When working on an exhaust rattle, I noticed a wet grimy buildup on the frame under the automobile. Could the transmission have a leak from a change in the weather? Or should I be looking somewhere else? I have attached pictures.

Thanks in advance for any and all help! This is driving me crazy and it makes me apprehensive to go back to a dealer give all that has gone wrong.

Tom

Image from iOS.jpg Image from iOS (5).jpg Image from iOS (4).jpg Image from iOS (2).jpg Image from iOS (1).jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all:

This is my first post of any sort on a forum. So here it goes.

Purchased a 2018 Suburban Lt (it was used w/ 42K miles). Low and behold the front end suspension was bad and needed to be replaced. Once the repairs were made, the transmission went bad due to the wave plate. So we received a new model transmission (calibrated and tuned by Chevy). Now the AC is not blowing cold air. The compressor is kicking on, just no cold air.

Here are the questions on AC:

1. When the transmission was replaced with a new model, is the freon removed to change transmission? 2. Could they have not re-charged the AC?
3. What if they did remove and recharge ac, what is the replacement refrigeration? 1234YF or R134a?
4. Where in the heck is the low port? With a new transmission, would something have been changed with the ac system? Can someone please point this out with a picture or exact location?

Questions on Transmission:
The transmission was changed in autumn. During the winter, I started noticing spots on the driveway. Noting huge, but over time it adds up. When working on an exhaust rattle, I noticed a wet grimy buildup on the frame under the automobile. Could the transmission have a leak from a change in the weather? Or should I be looking somewhere else? I have attached pictures.

Thanks in advance for any and all help! This is driving me crazy and it makes me apprehensive to go back to a dealer give all that has gone wrong.

Tom

View attachment 275757 View attachment 275758 View attachment 275759 View attachment 275760 View attachment 275761

Looks like your transfer case has a leak. Often happens when they remove the transmission and do not replace the seal on the TC side. I haven't seen under your hood but on mine it is on the accumulator. Took me a while to find it too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu