2018 front magnetic ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigr528

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm needing to replace the front magna ride on my wife's 2018 burb premier. Is it better to replace with oem or something like the Arnott sk3354, or some sort of bypass kit and quality shocks? I'm having a hard time finding the actual correct part #.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm needing to replace the front magna ride on my wife's 2018 burb premier. Is it better to replace with oem or something like the Arnott sk3354, or some sort of bypass kit and quality shocks? I'm having a hard time finding the actual correct part #.
the front shock portion of the strut can be replaced (that is the part that goes bad), the spring can be compressed. so you just need the number off of the shock and punch that into rockauto
and or look up your suspension rpo code and match it up, there not expensive, see attached

sus.JPG

OP
OP
B

bigr528

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding the actual shocks. The part #84176638 keeps pulling up the whole assembly on my browser.

Attachments

• 658287187.jpg
    658287187.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
B

bigr528

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I think I ordered the right shocks. What's the best way to replace the wires? Cut and splice or is there a way to get the wires out of the plug?

Attachments

• 20211116_144228.jpg
    20211116_144228.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211116_144717.jpg
    20211116_144717.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 8

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I think I ordered the right shocks. What's the best way to replace the wires? Cut and splice or is there a way to get the wires out of the plug?
the new shocks didn't come with a plug? or a place to connect a plug? on my 2012 they just clip on the rod of the shock, if they came with just bare wires then yes you can take the old connector off with a pic tool, there is a special tool to take them apart but I have done it before by just taking it all apart carefully and using a pic tool it's not easy but can be done

OP
OP
B

bigr528

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the new shocks didn't come with a plug? or a place to connect a plug? on my 2012 they just clip on the rod of the shock, if they came with just bare wires then yes you can take the old connector off with a pic tool, there is a special tool to take them apart but I have done it before by just taking it all apart carefully and using a pic tool it's not easy but can be done
I'm not sure if they come with a plug. The pictures make it just look like 2 wires and no plug. I almost think cutting the wires and splicing, heat shrinking and sealing up would be the easiest. I've had terrible luck with those type of plugs on other projects lol.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they come with a plug. The pictures make it just look like 2 wires and no plug. I almost think cutting the wires and splicing, heat shrinking and sealing up would be the easiest. I've had terrible luck with those type of plugs on other projects lol.
so, I am guessing you haven't received them yet?

OP
OP
B

bigr528

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update.
New shocks came with a new plug that I had to connect to the wires on the shock. Outside of having to take the struts to a shop to compress the spring and swap out the shock, easy job. Less than an hour total on my end of the work. Went with the luftmeister on Amazon. Been riding smooth for 1,000 miles over the last 2 weeks.