2018 Denali/Lifter failures and much more

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've had my 2018 Yukon XL Denali for 2 and a half years. I bought it with 36k miles on it. Here's all I've had done to it:

-Rear AC condenser replacement
-Front wheel bearing replacement
-Both front upper ball joints
-Engine mount
-Leaking coolant coupling/hose
-Lifter failure

Currently it's been in the shop for about a month waiting on the VLOM so we can get the lifters replaced. Scheduled to arrive either this week or next. Luckily my extended warranty has covered all of these and even covered replacing all of the lifters, not only one bank.

I'm at my wits end with this vehicle, and love it dearly. What else at this point can I worry about going wrong? Transmission? Suspension? I have 3k miles left on my warranty. What would you do?
It's junk! Best thing to do is sell it to me cheap now that you have it set up the way I want it. :p

The short answer is that there will be many more items to replace in the next 300K miles. I sure would disable AFM/DFM if I were you to prevent having lifter problems again.

OP
OP
finston

finston

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got the call the lifters have been replaced, after 2 months in the shop and waiting on the VLOM.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2017 Escalade ESV with 60k miles just got the lifter issue. Dealer says it could take over a month to get parts due to supply chain issues. They’re covering it under warranty. I do not have an extended warranty; they said its covered under the 100k miles drive train warranty.

They gave me a loaner car, which is a small car, hardly big enough to carry my family. What sucks even more is we use this truck for summer vacations and in about 2 more weeks (I took it into the dealer 2 weeks ago) I’m scheduled for a family vacation/road trip of at least 1,500 miles round trip. I asked the dealer if they’d be willing to give me another Escalade ESV or Suburban size vehicle but they say they don’t have any as loaners. I’m not sure what else to do other than accept and possibly take two cars (have my wife driver her car and me the stupid loaner).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts