2018 Denali grille swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2017 yukon slt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 206029 Great idea and write up Hosseface.... Ordered a new grill for my 2015 Yukon Denali and installed the other day. Looks great.
I just ordered the Denali grill for my 2017 Yukon slt-I've seem some aftermarket grills where cutting the old grill out was necessary, with the OEM Denali grill will I have to do any cutting or is it a matter of removing tabs and fasteners and popping the new one in place

2017 yukon slt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did mine a few weeks back...completely changes the front end!
Were u able to do it yourself or did you take it to s body shop? If you did it yourself was there any cutting involved or just remove fasteners and clips and pop the new one in

Azervos3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The first or second page has a link to a decent write up I don't think u need to cut anything if your replacing with a stick grille. I just bought one for wife too and dragging to install lol

BigVette427

Reaction score
I just ordered the Denali grill for my 2017 Yukon slt-I've seem some aftermarket grills where cutting the old grill out was necessary, with the OEM Denali grill will I have to do any cutting or is it a matter of removing tabs and fasteners and popping the new one in place
No need to take it to a body shop although it must be about as easy as anything for one who does this sort of work day-in, day-out. No cutting on the Denali grille, I'm fairly certain the SLE grilles are idential in size. The biggest trouble I had was on the snaps holding the bumper fascia on the side, between the fender. Driver's side I got off no problem, but I think I broke two or three on the passenger size. They are plastic so I was able to glue it back in place. The part to replace is not expensive, but no local dealers had it in stock when I was in need. I would recommend a second set of hands to help remove the bumper and put it back on, because it is so big. Not heavy, just big. And you want to make sure when you remove it, it doesn't just fall onto the ground.

All in all, I'm still in love with the new grille and say to myself it was every curse word and ounce of sweat it took to replace; and it helped when I was able to sell my new, 2017 Denali grille on Ebay and use the same box the new grille came in.

2017 yukon slt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey appreciate the heads up, I'm gonna give it a shot and let you know how it works out for me

CMil527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were u able to do it yourself or did you take it to s body shop? If you did it yourself was there any cutting involved or just remove fasteners and clips and pop the new one in

Sorry bud just saw this... I paid a garage $100 to do mine but only because it was winter and cold as hell when I did mine, from everything I've seen its a fairly straight fwd DIY. Best of luck getting it on!

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score

CMil got a deal for 100 bucks. Save yourself the headache. I had to remove 2 rivets. I struggled a bit but finally got them removed. Little grinding and drilling as my side cutters didn't do the job (I screwed up).
Follow this post: click here

phxarchitect

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If anyone swaps out their 15-17 Denali Grill and wants to sell their old one (all clips in tact - not broken) let me know!

JGilesBand

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, i just stumbled upon this thread today. First post!

Anyone have success installing the 2018up Denali grille on a SLE/SLT model?

I am being told the grille is not compatible as the bumper is slightly wider on a Denali vs SLT model.

Thanks!