2018 Denali automatic running board issues....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thulbert82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having issues with the automatic running boards not wanting to come back up. This is primarily on the driver side. At times it will come up while sitting in park, other times it will stay down but tries to come up. I have lubed the joints. Any insight is appreciated!!

Mitchell0827

Reaction score
Having issues with the automatic running boards not wanting to come back up. This is primarily on the driver side. At times it will come up while sitting in park, other times it will stay down but tries to come up. I have lubed the joints. Any insight is appreciated!!
Sorry for the late response, I’m certain you probably figured this out by now, but I’ll give you my two pennies.
The power running boards unfortunately were not wisely designed. There is absolutely no way to effectively grease the pins inside the brackets that will last for any long period of time. You may get away with a month or so of functionality if you doused them in on blast or silicone grease, but it won’t last.
The only real way to grease the pins inside the brackets is to either knock them out partially about a 1/2 inch, then grease them and knock back in Or The MOST effective way, if you are mechanically inclined, is to drill 2 grease fittings into each part of the bracket that contains the pins. That’s 6 grease fittings per bracket. This way you can grease them with a gun anytime you want. It is time consuming and precautions must be taken not to drill into the pin itself. Many people I know that own these vehicles prefer the knock out method, it lasts them about a year before having to do it again.

Hope this helped if it was still needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts