2018 Denali Adaptive Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
As long as there are so many opinions being freely distributed here, I am expecting lots of love for my my opinion...

it seams that most of the people who are unhappy with the Adaptive Cruise Control are aggressive drivers who are of the Millennial mindset.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as there are so many opinions being freely distributed here, I am expecting lots of love for my my opinion...

it seams that most of the people who are unhappy with the Adaptive Cruise Control are aggressive drivers who are of the Millennial mindset.

Not so, I'm an aggressively defensive driver and I'm 49........still hate it. Especially when trying to pass and changing lanes.......

bsch3001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The first time I experienced that with my wife's I disliked it as well - I got used to it quickly and now definitely don't need to mess with the brake and turning cruise back on as much. It was mainly just an adjustment to how close you could get before having to move over. All of the driving is on highways with multiple lanes in the same direction so less of an issue for how long you are in the passing lane than if you are going into oncoming traffic. But in the oncoming traffic scenario I would always have accelerated to pass anyway which overrides the adaptive cruise automatic braking.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first time I experienced that with my wife's I disliked it as well - I got used to it quickly and now definitely don't need to mess with the brake and turning cruise back on as much. It was mainly just an adjustment to how close you could get before having to move over. All of the driving is on highways with multiple lanes in the same direction so less of an issue for how long you are in the passing lane than if you are going into oncoming traffic. But in the oncoming traffic scenario I would always have accelerated to pass anyway which overrides the adaptive cruise automatic braking.

What if you are on a long right bend (turn) on the highway? Will the adaptive cruise ever pick up an oncoming car going the opposite direction in the other lane and thus auto apply brakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if you are on a long right bend (turn) on the highway? Will the adaptive cruise ever pick up an oncoming car going the opposite direction in the other lane and thus auto apply brakes?

Yes, mine has reacted 1x in a situation like that on a highway in New Mexico! Scared the crap out of my wife and surprised the hell out of me unexpectedly. Luckily, I still rest my foot lightly on the gas pedal with cruise on, and quickly countered with overriding pressure on the pedal.

bsch3001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I haven't had that experience but almost all of our driving where we'd use cruise is on a divided highway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st