2017 Yukon xl no start issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmfm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi all, I have a 2017 Yukon xl slt with 65k mi. I’m having a issue starting the rig. I just get one loud click when trying to start and then nothing. It seems to start after multiple attempts. It happened awhile ago once on a rainy day and then restarted recently (we just hit rainy season, so may be related) I’m reading 12.55v at the post, so that seems good and I cleaned the ground on passenger side checked battery connection all seems good. I read about this else where but no answers. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 65k is it still under warranty? Have you tested the battery before and after starting? As Phil mentioned it sounds like a battery or starter connection.

OP
OP
G

Gmfm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
At 65k is it still under warranty? Have you tested the battery before and after starting? As Phil mentioned it sounds like a battery or starter connection.
Yeah I tested at 12.55 after sitting all night. It’s in the high 13’s when running. It’s an intermittent problem. I purposely ran the battery down to 12.1 and it fired right up. Seems driving in the rain and restarting are the problem. I’ll have to dig around at starter connections. No warranty ended at 60k and that was power train Thanks for the replies

Jetav8r7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a similar issue I was fighting for years on my 2010 Tahoe. I know the 2017 is a slightly different starter. but does a have the typical starter connector. that is the issue! my starter guy I found here in OKC said that for whatever reason those modular plug for the starter cause this issue you are seeing. the fix is replace the solenoid with the old school post terminal like the one coming from the battery. when I did that, those no start but hearing a click stop! I must have went through 4 starters. I would put a new one on, about every 6-9 months, then it would start that damn click no start. sometimes if you bang on the starter it would fire off the engine. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts