1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Yukon vs 2017 Tahoe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dsh1106, Mar 13, 2020.

1. dsh1106

dsh1106 Member

Name:
    Scott
    Yes, I'm using "Diaoblew" for the custom tune.

Scott

2. Da Hawk

Da Hawk TYF Newbie

Name:
    Paul
    You might want to consider getting a ported throttle body to give you a more linear throttle response. I have a C7 Corvette and added ported throttle body along with the throttle control to it a year ago and couldn't be happier. It allowed me to set the throttle response the way the car should have built by GM. It is "instant go" every time I put my foot down. I'm thinking about adding the same two components to my wife's Tahoe Premier possibly with a performance intake.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  3. dsh1106

dsh1106 Member

Name:
    Scott
    Well even after the Diablo & Diablew tunes the issue still exists.
    I didn't figure the issue would change if it was mechanical, because my issue seemed to mimic sealandsky's issue I decide to clean the throttle body.

I had already looked at the throttle body but it didn't appear to be dirty, but once it was removed from the vehicle I found a huge amount of carbon build up on the backside of the throttle plate.

I followed the procedure sealandsky used and so far it doesn't have any sort of hesitation.

I guess now I'll see if adjust the throttle response with the I3

Scott

sealandsky likes this.