2017 Yukon Denali Leveling Kit Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MICHAEL STRACHAN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm trying to track down some good info about leveling kits for Yukon's/Tahoe's with magnetic suspension. I can't seen to get any good info in my area. I would like to bring the front end up without making it look like it's a reverse rake. What is the max lift I can do?

It currently has the stock Denali 22"s that ride like shit, especially during winter months when there's snow and ice on the ground. So I want to go down to a 20" XD 829 Hoss II wheel in either 20x9 or 20x10. With the front end leveled I should be able to add a bigger tire correct?

For anyone who has done this what did you use for wheel and tire size without getting any internal rub or suspension issues? Do I need an offset?

Looking for recommendations and any photos if you have them.

Thanks in advance!!

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I originally went with the suspension max 1.5” kit. It was perfect in my opinion....anymore and the front looks a little high unless you block the rear up too.

Then when the shocks locked up, I replaced them with Fox 2.0 units and deleted the magnetic ride with xineering sims.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I put stock size nitto terra grappler g2’s on the 22’s and it gets around GREAT all winter long.

C8A25B46-21D7-44A7-A51A-33143BC9B552.jpeg

28DE60E3-84F9-41F4-8CE1-02BE5912B0D3.jpeg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Regarding wheel/tire combinations that will fit your truck without rubbing, no 2 trucks and their suspensions are exactly alike, due to a number of factors including accumulated wear on the suspension components, so there is no guarantee that what fits with no rubbing on one truck will automatically fit with no rubbing on your truck. Other folks experiences can guide you in one direction or another, but the final test will be when you mount the wheel/tire combination on your own truck.

To assist you in getting a good idea on whether or not specific alternate wheel/tire combinations 'may' fit your truck with no rubbing, I recommend that you use the wheel/tire comparison app at the URL listed below. You can use this app starting with your existing wheel/tire combination as a benchmark, assuming that there are currently no rubbing issues with it, and measure the actual critical fender and suspension component clearances as directed by this app. Then, you can enter alternate wheel/tire combinations, and this app will give you the projected changes in these critical fender and suspension component clearances.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

I used this app for determining whether on not I could use my current alternate wheel/tire combination, and it accurately projected the changes in critical clearances. Again, the use of this app in not an absolute guarantee that an alternate wheel/tire combination will fit without rubbing, but it provides a much better assessment, or projection, than simply an educated guess on your part, or a statement from others that it worked on a truck other than yours.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey that looks great ! you did a great job, i'm planning to do the same... and i have 22's as well would you recommend the suspension max 1.5” kit ?
Yep, had that exact kit on there prior to the fox units. Worked fabulous. No issues. Road stock. Just have to get an alignment and all set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17