2017 Yukon Denali Consideration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First post for me in these forums. Been lurking here for awhile to help keep my 2001 Yukon 1500 XL running, now with over 255k miles. Fell in love with these vehicles so considering a replacement. I moved away from the 2015 model year due to some advice given in some other threads on known issues.

I now have my eyes on a 2017 Denali with the 6.2L engine with 60k miles 2 wheel drive and a 6-speed trans for $45k from a national dealer. The maintenance history through the Carfax, looks good. It does have a minor damage incident listed, but I'm not too concerned about that. My use is for trailering a track car as well as my primary commuter, which isn't often in my case. I need reliability rather than beauty.

Since I don't have a deep knowledge on these SUVs I would appreciate any quidance in this purchase.
Something is wrong here - A 2017 Denali with 6.2 should not have a 6 speed transmission, unless one was retrofitted - In which case I'd anticipate some electronic glitches. The 8 speed is what was offered and that transmission was a POS.

robbyrob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't tow with my 2017 Denali but I really love it. Paid 44k used 2 years ago. It's still currently running well as a daily driver and for long trips. I'm at about 90k miles and it's doing well.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like all that has been stated. I personally like the 6 speed in my 2008 Denali. My 2017 Denali with the 8 speed gets up and goes better and gets better mpg overall.

My 8 speed had the shudder issue at 42k and was flushed per the TSB with new fluid. Serviced it again at 85k and will be due here shortly at about 125k (117k on her now). So far so good, but I think the 8 speeds need the fluid change ASAP and then good service. I hear the 10 speed is butter though and very awesome to drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt