2017 XL Denali vs 2016 ESV Premium vs 2016 ESV Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if you have an Escalade Base model. There is chrome side body molding, chrome trim on the fixed side steps. Front grill and fog light surrounds seem maybe chrome/silver painted... Same as the door handles, they are definitely not painted to match. Along with rear tailgate trim.

Front grill on the Yukon Denali seems to be only chrome on the surrounding trim, the mesh part is more like silver painted, not chrome.

Unless you’ve changed some of these trim pieces on your Escalade on your own what’s the difference again?!?!

The current escalade is all satin silver finahed trim, not chrome. It’s a night and say difference between the finish of the trim and chrome. I know Bc my old escalade has chrome trim and when I bought the new one, it’s the first thing I noticed when I parked them next to one another, I was like “holy crap, didn’t even realize it wasn’t chrome on the new one”

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove next to a Denali this morning on a quick road trip to see the in laws. I would say they are more “blingy” than my escalade.

They have bright chrome grill, fog light surrounds, door handle trim, and body trim...

They are both on the garish end of the spectrum for sure. I immediately deleted the chrome on my Denali (around windows). Too much chrome delete though and you risk it getting cheesy in the other direction IMO. tightrope walk.

That said...

Only one has two full sized light sabers as brake lights. ;-)

Last edited:

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
DBt2A81.jpg
You should get one! I love my 2017 ESV and depending on where you looking, one may be more affordable than you think.

https://www.texasdirectauto.com/for-sale/Cadillac-Escalade-ESV/vehicle/1GYS3HKJ3HR218892

Guess, what? I did! Just this week, pulled the trigger on a 2017 Escalade ESV Platinum. I love it, its super nice, and surprisingly fun to drive. It's funny, I was reading back in this thread and witnessed my own progression of "how I got here". I started out liking the XL Denali more, then after an actual test drive of an Esky (and being able to make a more informed opinion), I stated liking, and then loving the Esky to the point where I had to have one. Now it's my favorite vehicle ever!

IMG_0874-2.jpg

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess, what? I did! Just this week, pulled the trigger on a 2017 Escalade ESV Platinum. I love it, its super nice, and surprisingly fun to drive. It's funny, I was reading back in this thread and witnessed my own progression of "how I got here". I started out liking the XL Denali more, then after an actual test drive of an Esky (and being able to make a more informed opinion), I stated liking, and then loving the Esky to the point where I had to have one. Now it's my favorite vehicle ever!

View attachment 210342

Congrats! I'm jealous, I wanted the platinum, but settled for a luxury. If I would have held out a couple more months, the dealer ended up getting a Platinum within my price range. Main reason for wanting the platinum is the massaging seats (no need for the TV's etc since my daughter just uses her ipad with cellular service).

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 210342

Finally....Congrats!!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow after all the wanting and waiting you finally pulled the trigger. Very nice.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow after all the wanting and waiting you finally pulled the trigger. Very nice.

Yup, “when I saw her, I knew she was the one”, lol, same thing I said about my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts