2017 with 42000 miles am I crazy to consider it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New guy here...

Always been a FORD guy (2013 Raptor as my daily) but the wife wants a new grocery car and kid hauler and she likes the looks of the Yukons.

We're looking at a used 2015 Yukon SLT with 40,000 miles for $35k.

I wasn't impressed the motor/tranny in the Tahoes/Yukons...they lack some "get-up-and-go" IMO as compared to the Expeditions. But I do prefer the looks over the Expy.

Any known issues on the 2015 Yukons that I should be aware of?

I wish we could find a decent used Yukon with the 6.2...
The Denali and Escalade came with the 6.2.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheMaineEvent

Reaction score
I just bought a 2017 Tahoe Premier last month. After looking at some REAL high mileage vehicles I settled on one sold directly by Avis with 40,000 miles. It was regularly serviced so I was as comfortable as I could get that it was taken care of. Paid 42,000 for it, but Avis omits certain features like the moon roof and entertainment package on their cars. No biggie for me. So far I'm a happy camper!

Sdog4127

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Keep looking and widen your search a little if you really want a 6.2. It needs to be a 15.5 built after October 15, 2014. Look at autotrader, cars.com, carguru ect. Someone just posted two 2 links(I will try to find them) that would probably answer your questions but of course test drive is your best bet, condition of the vehicle which should be an indication of how it was taken care of and the carfax.
The only Yukon with 6.2l/8spd will need to be Denali Trim.
As for the sluggish acceleration, this is GMs Torque Management. They seriously neuter these Ecotec 3 engines off the line. Buy a programmer, such as Diablosport InTune. You can dial up the accelerator input and the tunes disable the torque management. It will feel like a whole new vehicle and snappy off the line, unlike the dog it is in stock form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be afraid of the miles, probably all highway to be that many and that new of a truck.

I bought mine back in March this year, 31500 miles, 2017 4wd, leather, loaded , didn't want a sunroof or Magnetic shocks, and its been great.

Considered buying the extended warranty, but going to stick with my 5/60 powertrain(after reading all the exclusions in the extended warranty, going to keep the 3k in my Etrade and probably double it by the time I need repairs lol)

Mine was a Fleet lease through Hertz, from my experience(straight out of college at Enterprise), the rental companies keep up the oil changes and other maintenance really well. So I would say go for it, mine as equipped would be well over 55k, and I got it for 39k. Let someone else take the depreciation hit.

As for the 6.2, I wanted it until I realized it needed 93 octane and my city driving would suck up too much gas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins