2017 Washer Reservoir Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sleuthing a problem with my 2017 Tahoe washer fluid pump and was going to remove the reservoir and the second battery plate doesn't seen to want to come out without removal of the fuse box to get enough room to lift out due to the flange which bolts to it. Seems odd that would need to be done but I tried every angle.

Anyone removed the reservoir on one of these that could weigh in on process of the plate removal?

Thanks
Tim

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not know the layout of the 2017 reservoir and the fluid pump(s), but on my '07, the fluid pumps can be accessed and removed for inspection, without removing the reservoir. I just remove the front left inner fender liner, and the fluid pumps are right there.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sleuthing a problem with my 2017 Tahoe washer fluid pump and was going to remove the reservoir and the second battery plate doesn't seen to want to come out without removal of the fuse box to get enough room to lift out due to the flange which bolts to it. Seems odd that would need to be done but I tried every angle.

Anyone removed the reservoir on one of these that could weigh in on process of the plate removal?

Thanks
Tim
did you figure it out? I was looking at mine because I plan on putting a onboard air pump in the 2nd battery plate spot but will probably have to take the plate out to drill and put bolts in. looks like there is several bolts to remove but nothing in the way otherwise.

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wes,
I didn't have a chance to get back to it this weekend. What I am finding is the flange that is bolted to the fender well under the fuse box is too long to allow the plate to slide toward the reservoir and then angle up so you can slide it out, it hitting up against the reservoir. It looks to me like you have to at least loosen the fuse box to the point where you can slide and lift the plate upward so it slide out enough to get he flange out from under the fuse box. .

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, a quick update on this topic. As it turned out the motor was OK. It was the connector under the hood which connects the two lines leaking. The line was stuffed under where the fender and the wheel well join toward the firewall and only found it after I had my wife run the washer and I saw it dripping down inside the wheel on the garage floor. Don't ask me how the line ended up there. I think it got squeezed and messed up the little o-ring. I went to the local Ace hardware and bought another very small o-ring and replaced it. Works OK now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442

Latest posts