2017 Tahoe - weather proof floor mat recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kraschke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just purchased a new 2017 Tahoe and am looking at weather proof floor mats. My husband prefers WeatherTech but I'm afraid they're too industrial and might take away from the classy look of the car. I do like that they cover all areas of the flooring and conform well to the shape of the vehicle. In my last vehicle (Lexus RX) I had clear laser cut mats (ExactMats) that I liked, but liquids did still slide off as the surface was smooth.

Would appreciate any suggestions on what works well for you?

KR

carid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi @kraschke
Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the forum! If you do not like how Weathertech mats look, you can consider these Lloyd mats as an option. They are laser cut to fit and they will not look too industrial. Here is the link to view all floor mat options available for your Tahoe at the moment:
2017 Chevy Tahoe floor mats
lloyd mats.JPG

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
K

kraschke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like the GM all weather mats. I have them in my Suburban.
Thank you both for the replies. I called Weather Tech and they provided me samples of the colors they offer. The cocoa color ended up looking great with the dark brown accents in my interior (pearl white exterior) and I'm getting over it looking industrial (although it really doesn't look bad at all) for the sake of all the dirt and grass that isn't grinding into my carpet!

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my WeatherTechs. I have all 3 rows for the winter, but I'm considering leaving them in permanently.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the "All Weather" mats from Weather Tech in my yukon and really like them. I removed the carpeted mats and put them away for now. I don't think they detract or look too industrial at all, IMO,

07 Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the "All Weather" mats from Weather Tech in my yukon and really like them. I removed the carpeted mats and put them away for now. I don't think they detract or look too industrial at all, IMO,
I’ve had Weather Techs or Husky’s in all of my vehicles. Dealer threw in the all weather GMC mats on my recent purchase and I actually like them better than WT or Husky. Third row is on back order so I only have the first and second row installed. Supposedly the third row comes with the pass through mat for between the second row captains. If this is true then I would go with the GM mats. So far they have been my favorite.

sherfield2002

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just ordered Maxliners for our new Yukon. I had them in 2 previous vehicles and they held up great, better than some weather tech I’ve had. It’s a bonus that they are cheaper too.

They do come in tan as well.

07 Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered Maxliners for our new Yukon. I had them in 2 previous vehicles and they held up great, better than some weather tech I’ve had. It’s a bonus that they are cheaper too.

They do come in tan as well.
I believe the GM all weather mats are new for 2018. I would check them out at the dealer before I ordered any other brands. The GM mats seem to have more of a rubber compound to them rather than the hard plastic of the Weather Techs or Huskys. Like I said, I’ve had either Husky or Weather Tech in my 6 previous GM vehicles and like the new GM versions the best...caveat, the third row (which cover the pass through between the second row captains) are on back order and I’ll provide a more thorough review when those arrive. Not trying to sway opinions here, just trying to provide information so folks can make a good decision. Plus you should be able to touch and feel the mats at your local GM dealer. Worth the trip.

6D1C1D3D-D0F9-4573-9D8D-715118CC00C1.jpeg 5CD443C3-81C5-4B02-A11A-1D38B730DF93.jpeg FE2D0001-5345-42EC-90F5-0B895F850688.jpeg F6B53E2F-8EC6-4566-A632-B6A1948357AD.jpeg D3E12EB8-7D0C-49B6-9C06-9076B1CBBF6C.jpeg