2017 Tahoe vs 2019 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2009’s GM build sheet shows it was a “LONG TERM RENTAL” for “ENTERPRISE”. The guy I bought it off of purchased it at 20,000 miles when it was 18 months old. I got it at 92,000 miles in Jan. 2019 and now am at 118,000 as of yesterday. The last 26,000 miles have been trouble free and the previous owner reported zero issues. The rental flag is not much to worry about. Cars of today are quite robust and resilient. Buying a USED car in general comes with inherent risk of previous abuse and excessive wear. My dad may own nice cars and they always look brand new but he certainly drives them like an escaped convict. Caveat emptor.
Buy the 2019. If you have a history of keeping cars for many years then buy a GMPP warranty through a wholesaler. If you flip the cars after a year or two then don’t bother with a warranty.
Just my $0.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wetdawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2009’s GM build sheet shows it was a “LONG TERM RENTAL” for “ENTERPRISE”. The guy I bought it off of purchased it at 20,000 miles when it was 18 months old. I got it at 92,000 miles in Jan. 2019 and now am at 118,000 as of yesterday. The last 26,000 miles have been trouble free and the previous owner reported zero issues. The rental flag is not much to worry about. Cars of today are quite robust and resilient. Buying a USED car in general comes with inherent risk of previous abuse and excessive wear. My dad may own nice cars and they always look brand new but he certainly drives them like an escaped convict. Caveat emptor.
Buy the 2019. If you have a history of keeping cars for many years then buy a GMPP warranty through a wholesaler. If you flip the cars after a year or two then don’t bother with a warranty.
Just my $0.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 on this. I bought my 2012 LT right at 18 months after title to Rental company, with 18K miles, so 56K miles later I love my $34,500 purchase price!