2017 Tahoe - Ticking Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TickingTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction as to what may be going on with my 2017 Tahoe. Truck has been to the dealer ( Sawyer Chevy in Catskill NY ) three times, and they tell me they can't hear it and refuse to do anything about it. They replaced the engine mounts for a separate issue I was having and at that time I asked them to investigate the steering shaft seal as I read online this may be the cause but they claim there is no issues with the seal.

There is distinct ticking noise coming from the driver footwell when accelerating. It appear to happen almost all the time but will also randomly stop for 30 seconds and then come back. It also appears to stop when going around turns or after turning around. Below is a link to the video in which you can clearly hear the ticking about 22 seconds in after turning around. The noise appears to match the RPMs.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! I can't waste anymore time dealing with the useless dealer.

Thank You!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu