2017 Tahoe Premier with Driver Info Center but no HUD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LollerAgent

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm currently looking at a slightly used 2017 Tahoe Premier which has the Driver Information Center (digital gauges, multi-color display, etc) [UHS] but does NOT have the heads-up display [UV6].

This seems strange, since the 2017 ordering guide says that the HUD is included with the DIC:

Driver Information Center, enhanced, 8" diagonal multi-color re-configurable display 1 - Includes (UV6) Head Up Display

Has anyone seen a Tahoe with the driver information center and not the HUD?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you looking at your window sticker. It should list it there. Can you take a picture of your dash left side of the steering wheel. Your HUD controls should be there.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a shortage in standard dashes for 17 models so many non HUD premier models still received the UHS dash. Same with GMC...many SLTs received the upgraded dash when it should have had the standard one.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I believe there were even a small percentage of 17 LTs that also got the UHS dash and of course NO HUD.

OP
OP
L

LollerAgent

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No window sticker readily available (it's a used vehicle). The HUD buttons are definitely missing.

So - it sounds like the car was ordered without UHS, but got the dash anyways without a HUD :(

Does Adaptive Cruise Control require the HUD? It does have the ACT button(s).

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, that is what happened. when I was shopping last year i came across many Yukon SLTs with the UHS dash and they were not supposed to have it. two different dealers told me there was a shortage with the standard so they were putting the UHS in packages that were not allocated to have it. I wouldn't be concerned one bit... a nice little bonus, unless you were wanting the complete pkg with HUD. I will say coming from the standard dash in our yukon to the UHS in our premier, it is a nice upgrade.

OP
OP
L

LollerAgent

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cool - thanks for the info! I guess I just need to see if ACT works without the HUD? Dealer says it has ACT equipped, but I didn't even try it.

SSpinball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have the HUD dash with premium,
this does not give you Heads up Display.
However it does give you heads up Red Brake Warning Only
with only RED light on windshield.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 17 with nicer dash but no hud. Surprise bonus as I thought they were phasing out the standard dash I was wrong they did not phase them out. I had this from new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64