2017 Tahoe LT Low Beam out or flickering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yooper49

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Tahoe LT with halogen headlights. Recently I've had problem with the left low beam going out and the right front turn signal not working at the same time. When this started acting up the interior lights would also flickering and the shifter lock solenoid starts chattering. It would do this for a short time then the next day the headlight and turn signal would start working again and everything would be fine for a couple weeks. Now the left side low beam and right side turn signal won't work at all and when the interior lights start flickering, the shift solenoid will chatter and the right side low beam will also go out. if I slap the dash panel or tap on the BCM the flickering and chattering will stop, seams like a loose connection, bad ground or faulty BCM . Does anyone have a schematic for the halogen headlight circuit? Wondering if the left and right headlight come from one relay or two and where they split. I can find one for HID but it's not the same. Also would like a BCM pinout

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a ground issue, and the one I can think of that contributes to flickering headlights and chattering BCM is G218 on the upper left driver side dash under the speaker grill cover.

OP
OP
Y

Yooper49

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That sounds like a ground issue, and the one I can think of that contributes to flickering headlights and chattering BCM is G218 on the upper left driver side dash under the speaker grill cover.

Thanks for the tip. I did check that already, everything looks good with it. The BCM isn’t sending power to the left side low beam. It’s going in for a new BCM later this week. Hopefully they can figure out what caused it to fail

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I did check that already, everything looks good with it. The BCM isn’t sending power to the left side low beam. It’s going in for a new BCM later this week. Hopefully they can figure out what caused it to fail
Sorry to hear. Curious if the repair had already been made on your truck, as in if the insulation had been cut, or could you tell if it simply never pinched in that location from factory assembly in the first place?

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it was already trimmed away, no insulation anywhere neer it
That is good. Also check the ground on the passenger front frame behind the wheel, essentially directly below the firewall and behind the wheel well liner. I'd take it off and clean up the frame metal and the eyelet and then reinstall it ensure a nice connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts