2017 Tahoe/Grinding/Rattling Noise Accelerating from Stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTAK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an issue with my truck that I'm hoping I can get help with. For reference, it's a 2017 Tahoe 4x4 5.3, with 70,000 miles on it.

The problem I have had is that when I first accelerate from a stop, I hear a severe grinding/rattling noise that seems to come from under the Tahoe. It almost sounds like grinding gears in a manual. The sound is there only in the first 5-10 MPH of speed, then once I'm up to speed, it's gone. There was a recent post that was similar for a person with a 2009 Tahoe. The difference is that this only happens when the vehicle is cold i.e. first drive of the day. Then it is gone. I am afraid to take it to the dealer because it would be hard for them to duplicate.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all we can do is guess, it could be many different things
what makes you think it would be hard for the dealer to duplicate?
if you can take a video of the noise and upload it to youtube and then post the link here and we can give the best guess

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep we need a video. Kinda hard to even take a guess right now.

OP
OP
V

VTAK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies. I ended up taking it to the dealership. They found nothing wrong other than improper parts and maintenance done by the place where I previously got the transmission flushed. All fixed! No more noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts