2017 Tahoe Gauge Cluster Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bearden115

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The display has stopped working. Occasionally we are able to get it to come on but when you start the Tahoe it will not stay on. Mine has the DIC that is all digital except tach and speedometer.

image.jpg

Nitrousone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The display has stopped working. Occasionally we are able to get it to come on but when you start the Tahoe it will not stay on. Mine has the DIC that is all digital except tach and speedometer.

View attachment 277394
I'm curious if you ever figured out how to fix this. The cluster on my 2017 Tahoe did the same thing this morning.

Buckmaster51801

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I sure haven’t. If the dimmer switch is rolled all the way down it will occasionally come on at night and sometimes during the day right after you shut the key off. At night when it’s on you can roll the dimmer switch up just a lil but if you try to go mid way on the dimmer it will go out and when it goes out if you roll the dimmer switch back down real quick it may come back on and it may not. I’ve changed the ambient light sensor and the headlight switch since the dimmer switch and headlight switch is one piece and still nothing. I’ve even pulled the cluster out to see if maybe I had a loose wire or bad electrical plug or bad ground but still have found nothing

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See on some of the older trucks there is a plug in connector on the back of the cluster. The solder joint on one or more of the connecting pins gets loose from the circuit trace and causes various functions to go dark. Not sure on the later Tahoe but might take a close look around the connectors area. Most of the individual components are SMD and too small to do anything with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons