2017 Suburban..Bad door switch preventing interior lights from going on when door is ajar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin J

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2017 Suburban Premier....
The passenger door, when opened, does not trigger the interior lights. The Chevy dealership wanted $275 to swap the sensor switch, which is inside the door. Naturally, I'd like to attempt this job myself, though I'm curious if anyone else has dealt with this? Apparently the whole door panel needs to come off...

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I see two choices for you:

• Positions:RIGHT
  • Other Names:Lock Assembly, Lock, Latch
  • Description:
    Double & crew cab, with power, with passive entry, with power, with passive entry. With keyless entry. Right. Type 2. Silverado. All, without theft prot.
  • Positions:Right
  • Other Names:Lock Actuator,
  • Description:
    Without passive entry. Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade. Right. All, with theft prot.
Available at https://www.gmpartswarehouse.com/ and check the prices. I checked at RA and Amazon and none available that I can see. Removing the inner door panel is not that big of deal. Check a few you tube videos for the whole procedure.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just removed my door panel on a 2016. Look at the youtube for 1A auto parts. The same procedure as the Silverado which is what they show. No big deal. Harbor freight has the picks on sale right now for 99 cents to remove the two little covers to access the screws holding the door panel.

Brendan Shurilla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a heads up, had the same issue on my truck, ended up being a short in the door harness. You should definitely got a voltmeter and check the voltages. In my case I had 10v across almost all the wires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods