2017 integrated brake controller install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flyboygt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,

My Tahoe (2017 Premier 5.3L)didn't come with the breaker controller and now we find that we are towing more often than we ever thought, so I'm looking at installing the factory brake controller that's integrated into the left side of the dash.
Has anyone pulled this off? Parts list? Level of difficulty?
I do have a P3 aftermarket controller from a different rig I had. I just really like the clean look of the integrated one.

Thanks!

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same objective, found only dead ends.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

My Tahoe (2017 Premier 5.3L)didn't come with the breaker controller and now we find that we are towing more often than we ever thought, so I'm looking at installing the factory brake controller that's integrated into the left side of the dash.
Has anyone pulled this off? Parts list? Level of difficulty?
I do have a P3 aftermarket controller from a different rig I had. I just really like the clean look of the integrated one.

Thanks!
I know it is near impossible to do on the 900s. If yours has the wiring harness plug for it behind the dash, chances are you can. The T1s it is plug and play.

Mine has the controller, the Solid State Relay and Computer mounted on the frame along with a different wiring harness and programming to the ABS, BCM and ECM. It truly is integrated!

OP
OP
Flyboygt

Flyboygt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the wiring harness for it. Came with the car. But damn I didn't think this would be such a PITA.. maybe I will just find a hidden spot to mount the P3..

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the wiring harness for it. Came with the car. But damn I didn't think this would be such a PITA.. maybe I will just find a hidden spot to mount the P3..
If you have bare wires under the dash, that is for the aftermarket controller. I meant that if you have the actual plug behind the dash then it would work. My memory hasn't been the greatest lately but we've talked about before over the years on this forum and over at GM-Trucks.

OP
OP
Flyboygt

Flyboygt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ya I have the pig tail nothing else. So I will just go with the aftermarket. Seems easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972