2017 Ford F-250 Platinum SuperDuty Build...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*if you are on instagram, you can see updated build pics as we progress on my instagram account @bigfntrucks

Been awhile since I posted a build thread so what better way to start today off.

Some of you may know we (my wife and I) have been highly loyal to the GM Brand for some time. We've built 3 DenaliHD trucks over the last 2 years (2015, 2015.5, and 2016 models). Since the last one sold, we decided that it was time to change it up. The F250 was in my sights since the renovated 2017 platform was released. I needed change, Denali's were getting boring to me, and even the new 17/18 L5P Duramax models did nothing for me. The only fallback to the F-250 was that sticker shock... $76,300 for a loaded out Platinum (no dealer installed options included) compared to our previously loaded 2016 DenaliHD at $67,400. Took me awhile to justify the nearly $10,000 price tag difference.

The F-250 is leaps and bounds over and above what the DenaliHD ever was. I seriously have never driven something so technologically advanced as this SuperDuty. This says a lot since we've been so loyal to GM for quite a long time. Frankly, unless GM ante's up with some of these creature comforts that the F-250 comes with, I doubt I'll ever go back.

Anyhow, we picked it up back at the end of August. Ironically enough I had started ordering parts for the at the beginning of August.

Usually we've gone quite outlandish with the modifications on our previous HD trucks, but this time I needed to downsize a bit as compared to the prior ones. So no crazy powder coated and chrome suspensions, no huge 26" offload wheels, etc. Just black and simple.

Mods include:

-8" PMF Lift, all powder coated satin black. KING 2.5" Remote Reservoir shocks which we had custom built with black anodized end caps (as opposed to their standard blue). KING steering stabilizers as well. (Ordered)

-PMF Front/Rear Differential Covers (Satin/Machined Finish) (Ordered)

-24x14 Gloss Black and Machined American Force Concave Sprint CC8 wheels (Ordered)

-37x13.50r24 Toyo Open Country M/T Tires (Arrived)

-PPEI EZLynk Tuning (DPF/DEF deleted), 5" FloPro Exhaust all powder coated satin black (Arrived)

-RetroCustomz Headlights (core swapped). Nothing crazy, just amber delete and painted the housings gloss black (Arrived)

-Colormatching: rear tailgate appliqué, front grille, side vents, mirror caps. (Pending)

-Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit rolling tonneau cover (installed)

Here she is right after we got her...
IMG_3532.JPG

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last week we took her down to @FL_Coatings (instagram) for have a full clay bar, paint correction, and ceramic coating of the truck done. Mind Blown. Unreal how clean this thing came out. If you are down in South FL and looking for a place to have your vehicle ceramic coated, PLEASE take it there. The owner is a class act. They will also be doing my Accord once I have some work done on the front bumper from an "apparent" cat vs. honda roadway debris battle.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, i may not like the brand, but a lifted black truck always looks good so, good luck on the build brother.

Ps- dont take it personally if I insult your truck a few times during your build tho...

Pss- im being sarcastic and my normal self..love me, hate me or have no opinion... im here to stay unless i get banned for have a heart attack while shoveling....sunny 65* here today btw....

Ppss- (pp... hehe) good luck robbie

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, i may not like the brand, but a lifted black truck always looks good so, good luck on the build brother.

Ps- dont take it personally if I insult your truck a few times during your build tho...

Pss- im being sarcastic and my normal self..love me, hate me or have no opinion... im here to stay unless i get banned for have a heart attack while shoveling....sunny 65* here today btw....

Ppss- (pp... hehe) good luck robbie

Love,
Me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts