2017 Denali torque converter/fluid problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nitrostick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nitrostick
I have a 2015 Yukon Denali with same problem. Dealer did the flush and software- but the vibration remains. There is a service bulletin from GMC. The dealer is going to replace the torque converter Monday under warranty. Fingers crossed

Has your vibration been confirmed to be torque converter caused? Happens when cruising under light throttle most often between 45-65mph and you can watch the tachometer jump a few hundred RPM when it occurs?

If it truly is torque converter clutch slip it seems from my research the "fix",..flush/fluid change/filter/software,...works most of the time but not all the time. Higher mileage vehicles or those that have more severe shudder the torque converter lock-up clutches may be permanently damage and the torque converter may need to be replaced.

G00se

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has your vibration been confirmed to be torque converter caused? Happens when cruising under light throttle most often between 45-65mph and you can watch the tachometer jump a few hundred RPM when it occurs?

If it truly is torque converter clutch slip it seems from my research the "fix",..flush/fluid change/filter/software,...works most of the time but not all the time. Higher mileage vehicles or those that have more severe shudder the torque converter lock-up clutches may be permanently damage and the torque converter may need to be replaced.

Exactly this. Dealer just did full flush/fluids and software upgrade and all good so far after 150 miles. I had quite a bit of vibration from 20-70mph.

dapapa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

dapapa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s pretty much it. Dealer replaced torque converter and the rumble vibration is gone, and transmission is less clunky at low speeds. Done under extended warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy