2017 chevy suburban problem help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

singhnyc

Reaction score
I got a 17 chevy suburban premier. The truck drove good until few weeks ago when the front and the truck was wondering all over the place on the highway. I lifted it checked everything in the front end and was all tight. long story at the end it comes out to be a bad steering gear part # 84386335 for 1000$. I was wondering is there any other option I have can't find any aftermarket part cheaper. thanks for all you help

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a 17 chevy suburban premier. The truck drove good until few weeks ago when the front and the truck was wondering all over the place on the highway. I lifted it checked everything in the front end and was all tight. long story at the end it comes out to be a bad steering gear part # 84386335 for 1000$. I was wondering is there any other option I have can't find any aftermarket part cheaper. thanks for all you help

Probably too new for the aftermarket yet. Either way, with such an important part, I'd go OE anyhow unless I knew who made it for them.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I paid out $1000 for the repair I would put that money towards an extended warranty. There are a few threads on here in reference to on line GM Dealers selling the warranties at discounted prices. These new Tahoes and Suburbans are electronically laden and are very expensive to diagnose and repair. You must drive a lot of miles to already be out of factory warranty.

OP
OP
singhnyc

singhnyc

Reaction score
Before I paid out $1000 for the repair I would put that money towards an extended warranty. There are a few threads on here in reference to on line GM Dealers selling the warranties at discounted prices. These new Tahoes and Suburbans are electronically laden and are very expensive to diagnose and repair. You must drive a lot of miles to already be out of factory warranty.

Yes I am out of warranty the truck has 137k miles on it

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy cow, well you might as well forget the extended warranty. I tried to look up that part # to see if it was available from Ebay at a discounted price but no luck. You may want to try and call Rock Auto and see if they can look up the part as they sell at a discount also.

OP
OP
singhnyc

singhnyc

Reaction score
thanks everyone I went to the dealer where a friend worked and got a good deal on it

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
137k in 17 months
:jawdrop:

thats crazy.

how many diff states do you drive to each day? lol
are you doing an oil chg like every 2-3 weeks?

since you have a bit more wear than others... have you had any other general issues?
outside or routine maint?

OP
OP
singhnyc

singhnyc

Reaction score
I am doing a oil change every week after 2k miles.
engine oil change every 2k
Transmission oil every 35k
at 90k first major repair was magnetic ride shocks all 4 cost 1900 2 year unlimited mile warranty at dealer
at 96k had to do rear left axle and bearing 350
at 102k had to do motor mounts and trans mount 550
at 137l had to do the steering gear and alignment 1400 with 2 year unlimited mile warranty at dealer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9