2016 Yukon XL Denali Front End Humming Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cnunez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey All,
My 16 yukon xl denali has had a strange noise that seems to be coming from the front end.
Between 15 & 25 MPH there's is an almost humming/buffering noise on accel/deceleration. (Its the kind of noise you feel directly in your eardrum, hard to explain, but there is ZERO vibration)

I noticed it around the time of getting new tires mounted and balanced but I didnt think it would be a balance issue since its only at low speed. Highway speed the vehicle is fine.
I ruled out wheel bearings since the noise does not increase with speed.
Just did new brakes and front strur assemblies as well. Problem still persists.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it could be a wheel bearing; whats the mileage on your truck?

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn your truck to 2wd lol. Sounds like the same noise I hear when my truck is in auto or 4wd

just a thought

OP
OP
C

cnunez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like it could be a wheel bearing; whats the mileage on your truck?
Its got 80k. I thought about that but they seemed fine when I installed my drop spindles last weekend (noise occurred before suspension install).
And its only at the specific speed range, doesn't increase or continue with speed [emoji2369][emoji2369]

OP
OP
C

cnunez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Turn your truck to 2wd lol. Sounds like the same noise I hear when my truck is in auto or 4wd

just a thought
Tony thay was my first instinct but I always drive in 2wd and I tell the wife to drive in auto if its raining haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal