2016 Yukon SLE > Adding factory wireless charging?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do we care? Because not everyone use things the same way you'd expect. I have a dedicated phone that is attached to USB all the time for nav, but my regular phone on my hip or my wifes phone would do nicely to get a minor charge when put on the mat......YMMV

Interesting. So you have a phone that stays connected on the car all the time? Not a terrible idea...but why not just connect your own phone when you get in the car? How do you deal with texts and phone calls on your actual phone while driving if there is a dummy phone plugged in?

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. So you have a phone that stays connected on the car all the time? Not a terrible idea...but why not just connect your own phone when you get in the car? How do you deal with texts and phone calls on your actual phone while driving if there is a dummy phone plugged in?

You choose the bluetooth working main device is settings and voice and text messaging will function as desired.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You choose the bluetooth working main device is settings and voice and text messaging will function as desired.

Cool. So the texts and phone functionality comes up in the carplay screen for the non wired phone? Very neat. Will have to check out. No idea why I want to have a phone sitting always wired in the car but I kinda do...Now to dig out an old phone lol.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. So the texts and phone functionality comes up in the carplay screen for the non wired phone? Very neat. Will have to check out. No idea why I want to have a phone sitting always wired in the car but I kinda do...Now to dig out an old phone lol.

Bluetooth phone Text notifications show in DIC. You can listen handsfree. Or reply via voice.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope.

DIC = driver information center, the little window/screen in the center of your dash.

Is it all hands free like CarPlay or do you need to fuss with it to make calls and create texts etc?

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it all hands free like CarPlay or do you need to fuss with it to make calls and create texts etc?

Calls are hands free and easy, basically using Siri. Texting has a learning curve. Apple devices will get incoming notifications, read the message, but only allow replying via voice (Siri). The canned responses from the messaging icon on the main screen only work currently with Bluetooth connected android devices.

OP
OP
Kittmaster

Kittmaster

Reaction score

There are apps that do call and text forwarding, so with a simple macro, a one button press routes my main phone directly to the car phone number. When i'm out, the app reverses the process. I will eventually be upgrading to the IO6, but for now, this works well for my needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts