2016 Yukon Denali - When turning off vehicle withOUT key fob present - electronics stay on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris fano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just picked up my 2016 Yukon Denali and I have a questions.
When I go to turn off my vehicle without the key fob present, none of the electronics turn off. The engine does, but not any of the electronics.
For instance, I get home, give my wife the keys to get in the house. She goes inside and I stay in the car to take a phone call. When I go to get out, I press the button and the engine stops but everything else stays lit. Even when I exit the vehicle and go inside and come out 10 minutes later, everything is still on. Does anyone have any thoughts?

TIA

Chris

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried that combination yet. With the fob in my pocket it turns off but leaves all the electronics on until I open the door, then they turn off. If I get a chance to test it with no fob in the truck I'll report back.

OP
OP
C

Chris fano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't tried that combination yet. With the fob in my pocket it turns off but leaves all the electronics on until I open the door, then they turn off. If I get a chance to test it with no fob in the truck I'll report back.
Please do, I would appreciate it. Just make sure the key fob is not within range of recognition.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some testing with mine. When i get out of the truck with it running it tells me no fob present and gives me the triple honk when the door closes (when i exit the driver or passenger door with the fob and the engine is running). When I turn off the truck (fob away from the vehicle) the electronics stay on even when i open the door (driver or passenger) and close it again. My guess is that the radio will stay on for the set amount of time 10 or 15 minutes to conserve battery but i didn't test it that long. The display indicated there was no fob present, however, if i pushed the button again it would then shutdown all the electronics in the truck.

Hopefully that all makes sense. So it seems like yours is doing the same thing as mine and you will probably have to get in the habit of turning it off a second time when your passenger gets out with the fob. Or test and see if the electronics turn off after a set amount of time to save the battery.

OP
OP
C

Chris fano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did some testing with mine. When i get out of the truck with it running it tells me no fob present and gives me the triple honk when the door closes (when i exit the driver or passenger door with the fob and the engine is running). When I turn off the truck (fob away from the vehicle) the electronics stay on even when i open the door (driver or passenger) and close it again. My guess is that the radio will stay on for the set amount of time 10 or 15 minutes to conserve battery but i didn't test it that long. The display indicated there was no fob present, however, if i pushed the button again it would then shutdown all the electronics in the truck.

Hopefully that all makes sense. So it seems like yours is doing the same thing as mine and you will probably have to get in the habit of turning it off a second time when your passenger gets out with the fob. Or test and see if the electronics turn off after a set amount of time to save the battery.
Thanks, I brought it in to the dealer today for a host of electronics issues, and some mechanical, all with 350 miles on it, lol. I will see what they say. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons