2016 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in MI. Will travel to PA next month for Corvettes at Carlisle so if either location is a possibility, let me know. I’m sure you’d agree that shipping would be outrageous on these. Thanks

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in MI. Will travel to PA next month for Corvettes at Carlisle so if either location is a possibility, let me know. I’m sure you’d agree that shipping would be outrageous on these. Thanks
No, I'm in Denver. Agreed; probably the shipping makes it unpalatable for both of us.

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you James for the diff advice. So far, I'm pleasantly surprised with the selling dealer. The oil is clean and at CORRECT oil level and a brand new air filter. Will get it back today from my local dealer with new wheels and tires and a new 3rd brake light that failed (fogged like a sauna). So far, I'm happy with it

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New wheels and tires look great and the new 3rd brake light is functioning properly. Thank you all again for the assistance. The Defenders look great on the car

On a side note, ordered the GM splash guards (all 4 corners) today too for 89 shipped. I'm not sure if that's a good price. but the lowest I found.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on the GM accessory web site to see what retail is and then you will know if you got a good price. I usually do that first and then go best price hunting which is usually Ebay with free shipping and no tax. Here lately they have been running 15-20% off on everything.

Msalinas408

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Bought a 16 2wd yesterday with 22k miles. It wasn't purchased originally until early 17, so I lucked out on bumper to bumper warranty until early 2020. It has the 20' "chrome" looking factory wheels and all 4 look bad (peel/chip). Anyway dealer ordered 4 new wheels, should be in soon.
Since it's RWD, I'd appreciate some recommendations on decent all around tires. Don't want loud swampers for the freeways, but would like decent grip for the snow. Thanks in advance.

On a side note, any idea the capacity of the rear diff fluid? Can't find it in the manual. Would like to change that too. I know it's fine to leave it, but I would like to change it.
Congrats on your Tahoe. Welcome to the Forum!!

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I do love this thing the more I spend time with it. Reminds me of how much I loved my 07 when I sold it in 09. Mud guards came in today, easy install. Would rather not have them on looks wise, but the tires do a hell of a job chipping the paint without them. It's a year around daily driver so better off with them on

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the diff fluid. My buddy has a MityVac, so just sucked out about 2.3 quarts and refilled with new stuff.

8430385F-3FB5-43B9-A956-E16E9DED6DDF.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys

Latest posts