2016 Tahoe...Random alarm and door locking/unlocking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im guessing its my fob but my alarm has started randomly going off when the vehicle is off and parked. Also sometimes once the Tahoe is shut off the locks randomly just start going locked to unlocked rapidly like crazy. I plan to check the vehicle battery at work tomorrow though its about a year old and I have 0 starting or charging issues and can sit and listen to the radio and watch the kids practice for an hour and never even trip the battery saver.

Also on a side note with the locks as I just upgraded phones from a cheaper phone to a flagship phone and the latest android auto. While im skeptical that can control the vehicle in anyways it seems ever since when I arrive home when I slow below about 3-5mph my doors auto unlock before I ever put it in park. Only does this on arrival home and no where else. Its convenient but new to me and just making sure the above issue and this auto unlocking are not just a ghost being troublesome and nice lmao.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the battery.... I know you said it’s fine but check it again.

that said..... I haven’t touched any settings in my 13 hoe or 19 yuk and I honestly feel as if they both are doing something weird with the seat when I turn the vehicles off, no alarm tho. As a matter of fact I know I’ve turned all those settings off. The only thing I can say for sure is that both trucks still have onstar subscriptions...

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a situation with the 2007 Silverado that I used to own where one night, the horn just decided to start blowing continuously while the vehicle was parked and off. If I turned the truck on, the horn would stop but as soon as I shut the truck off, the horn would start up again. Ended up pulling the fuse for the horn. This was after the head lights would not shut-off, not even after the 10-20 minute auto shut-off period. Ended up having to pull the fuses on them when I parked the truck. Ended up being a very badly corroded backside of the fuse block under the hood. Replaced the fuse block and all was right with the world again. Dealer said they had never seen anything like it.

OP
OP
T

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the battery.... I know you said it’s fine but check it again.

that said..... I haven’t touched any settings in my 13 hoe or 19 yuk and I honestly feel as if they both are doing something weird with the seat when I turn the vehicles off, no alarm tho. As a matter of fact I know I’ve turned all those settings off. The only thing I can say for sure is that both trucks still have onstar subscriptions...

I turned most settings off in mine. I hate things like the auto windows and such as I have seen too many times people accidentally roll them all down then it rains lol. I do not have onstar active either. I plan to check it again today just to be certain. Either way battery is under warranty so I may just swap it. As hot as its been this year and as hard as I push this thing heat may have still wrecked it.

Depending on where you live and how much rust there may be, the grounds can be suspect, also depending on the mileage driven in those conditions. Here is an article about all that.

https://www.fixmyoldride.com/Chevro...e7e5cd24ed24635&at_ab=per-2&at_pos=3&at_tot=4

I live south central AL. No rust. I do not even take it down a dirt road. Its as clean as it can be minus the waxy coating on the frame collecting its normal dust.

I had a situation with the 2007 Silverado that I used to own where one night, the horn just decided to start blowing continuously while the vehicle was parked and off. If I turned the truck on, the horn would stop but as soon as I shut the truck off, the horn would start up again. Ended up pulling the fuse for the horn. This was after the head lights would not shut-off, not even after the 10-20 minute auto shut-off period. Ended up having to pull the fuses on them when I parked the truck. Ended up being a very badly corroded backside of the fuse block under the hood. Replaced the fuse block and all was right with the world again. Dealer said they had never seen anything like it.

Ill pull the block up this weekend and look at it and its connections. A little di-electric couldnt hurt. I live in a rust free area so if its corrosion its onset is odd. We shall see. Also buying a new fob battery today if I can remember to do so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64