2016 Tahoe..New poster to the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Gretchen Brown

Gretchen Brown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you 91RS, that is the way I am leaning too. Well I guess dealer time:eek:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Keeping it simple, a belt squeal is likely what it is. It’s also the easiest to cure. Pressing the brake pedal also turns on the brake lights which puts a load in n the alternator when it’s working its hardest to recharge the system. After laying dormant and replenishing the charge lost to the highest load used, the starter, your alternator operating at full capacity.

Inspect all the belts. It’s common for the a/c compressor to squeak a belt too on initial start up due to the load of overcoming the initial pressure differentials. Who knows, maybe the BCM won’t allow the a/c compressor to start until the brakes are applied to act as a timer or anti slug protection.

The dealer would love to charge you $250 for a belt [emoji846] and really add a sting to it. They’d waive a finger saying how regular factory maintenance saves you money LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brake lights are LED, hardly any load on the electrical system.

OP
OP
Gretchen Brown

Gretchen Brown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Keeping it simple, a belt squeal is likely what it is. It’s also the easiest to cure. Pressing the brake pedal also turns on the brake lights which puts a load in n the alternator when it’s working its hardest to recharge the system. After laying dormant and replenishing the charge lost to the highest load used, the starter, your alternator operating at full capacity.

Inspect all the belts. It’s common for the a/c compressor to squeak a belt too on initial start up due to the load of overcoming the initial pressure differentials. Who knows, maybe the BCM won’t allow the a/c compressor to start until the brakes are applied to act as a timer or anti slug protection.

The dealer would love to charge you $250 for a belt [emoji846] and really add a sting to it. They’d waive a finger saying how regular factory maintenance saves you money LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, Thank you for the answer. The engine is not running often times. It is usually when I press the brake pedal before I start the car.

Regards,
Gretchen

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you press on the brake before starting the engine?

Cause its sometimes force of habit and sometimes safety related. I depress the brake pedal before starting sometimes as well.

Gretchen - My 2017 Burb makes the SAME EXACT NOISE. Its intermittent, it doesn't do it upon release, its long like 2 or 3 seconds. Its frustrating but I can't find anything wrong with the truck - pedal feel is good - truck stops properly - it doesn't do it once driving. I am figuring its only a couple of things - break booster, the pedal, or it may be related to the vacuum pressure recall that they sent out a while back. I haven't brought mine in for service yet on that campaign.

I feel you cause it is annoying but I don't think there is an issue with the truck. Will subscribe to thread and update if anything changes for me after servicing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep