2016 Tahoe..Help! Valet Mode lock out. Do I need to go to a dealer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister K

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,
I just brought my Tahoe in to get tires at Firestone. ( good deal actually ) I locked the dash compartment via Valet mode. I came back and the code I thought I used didn't work. I clicked forgot code and it said it would send me a text to my phone. That didn't happen. I tried again. and again. Finally it said I was locked out. I called Onstar, the girl there was nice. but said you have to go to a dealer. Quite honestly, I'm strapped for $. Any chance there is a default around the Valet mode? Any help would be appreciated!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
M

Mister K

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was able to reset... the link above suggesting WiFi reset actually allowed my phone to Receive a text from the my link the website and I was able to reset! Thank you all -excellent form -and thank you for your kindness!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was able to reset... the link above suggesting WiFi reset actually allowed my phone to Receive a text from the my link the website and I was able to reset! Thank you all -excellent form -and thank you for your kindness!
Glad you were able to get it taken care of and letting folks know what worked for you.

Hope to see you around the forum in the future.

Enjoy your weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat