2016 Suburban ltz issues after leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a TSB for clunking in front shocks. I’m getting mine fixed next week.

This and the vibration/buffeting issue could really use a sticky.

OP
OP
C

CCaraway

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So this kit looks like it has a very small lower spacer (looks like .25" for ".5 of level) which means that the remaining 1.75" should come from an upper spacer. Is it possible that they did not properly tighten the bolts that mount the upper spacer to the frame's shock tower OR the bolts that attach the spacer to the shock? Both of those would cause the shock to jiggle around and potentially clunk when you hit a bump. That's where I'd check.
Thanks for your reply. We checked all the bolts on top and they are tight. It only happens on rough roads or bumps.

OP
OP
C

CCaraway

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's much better but doesn't appear to be hitting the droop stops. How does the passenger side look? Get an videos of the sound?
I’ll get pictures of the passenger side but it looks about the same. I’ll try to get an audio of the noise. Thanks again. Offroad shop is going to take a look at it this morning. Will keep you updated.

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you get any rubbing with that tire size ? what is the size 33" ?