2016 Suburban LT Fog Lamps install with OEM switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received this fog light kit from AutoAnything. The kit is Spyder branded (made in China) and the same that is sold by most other vendors and on eBay when a wiring harness is included. I am not impressed with the quality. I wouldn't have used the included chrome eyebrows anyway but they are plastic...similar to a cheap chrome license plate frame and as such, I'm sure would look like crap in a short period of time. As noted by the OP, the lens are clear plastic and these too will take a beating from road debris, bugs, etc., due to the mounting locations. More concerning to me is the glue joint between the clear lens and black plastic housing looks to be shoddy workmanship and likely to allow moisture to get inside the lens. I will be applying a bead of clear silicone around this joint prior to installing. If you are knowledgeable enough to build your own wiring harness, I would suggest you purchase the GM parts (lights / brackets). I would imagine that is what I'll be doing after a year or so after these have been in use.

Thanks again to the OP for a great installation write up!

DP121

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Joel, where did you out the 611T after it was wired up?

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
excellent write up
thanks op.
n idea how to do all that electrical stuff but i could show t to my mechanic friend who could understand more than i do hopefully :)

dcp17420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do u have to press the factory switch to turn the fog lights on every time u get in car ?

OP
OP
nilleo

nilleo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do u have to press the factory switch to turn the fog lights on every time u get in car ?
Yes but that's by design on my part. In fact, it will reset when the parking lamps turn off. If you want it to remember the state, just connect the black on the 611T to ground instead of the parking lamp wire.

Ruikee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes but that's by design on my part. In fact, it will reset when the parking lamps turn off. If you want it to remember the state, just connect the black on the 611T to ground instead of the parking lamp wire.

Any pictures of your connections from the foglights to the 611T and of it wired to the BCM? Great write up, i just want to get some visuals of what im up against.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505