2016 SSV KNP Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to the family is a 2016 white SSV . I'm puzzled RPO KNP is a HD trans cooler. Is this the little auxiliary cooler that is in front of the radiator ? I have one on the 2011 and this SSV dosen't have that cooler in front of the radiator. Looks like this SSV took a nose shot and lots of parts were left out. By the way trans temp on the way home was in the 190's NOT GOOD.

OP
OP
FrankU

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it normal to run at 194 degrees ? My 2011 Tahoe transmission oil doesn't see 190 degrees towing the boat on a hot summer day in traffic.

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New to the family is a 2016 white SSV . I'm puzzled RPO KNP is a HD trans cooler. Is this the little auxiliary cooler that is in front of the radiator ? I have one on the 2011 and this SSV dosen't have that cooler in front of the radiator. Looks like this SSV took a nose shot and lots of parts were left out. By the way trans temp on the way home was in the 190's NOT GOOD.

My 2016 5.3 LT runs from 195-210 for the past 105K miles from the day I brought it home back in 2016.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the thermostat fix and added the tru-cool 40k to mine and a B&M deep pan, I ran it in series with the little cooler that is part of the radiator shown above, space is tight and you have to trim a smidge off of the shutters in one spot but it works, just had to drill some holes in the plastic guard around the radiator (passenger side) to feed the lines and cut the factory line and make a fitting. now mine is typically in the 140's maybe 165 in the summer. it used to run 200+ just driving down the street. I also had blackbear turn the shutters off in my tune

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore