2016 MRC Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J B pdt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have looked around at the different forums, and I plan to go with the X-ineering shock sims with Monroe 139104 front struts. I'm wanting to keep the air leveling with the rear shocks, but I see a 2015 suburban on this forum that went with the ACDelco 540-1675. Different websites show that those rear shocks don't fit the 2016. It does show that the ACDelco 540-1721 and 540-1723 rear shocks do fit the 2016. Does anyone know the difference between the 2 options? I can't find anything online, and I did email ACDelco to explain the difference. I assume there is something since they have 2 different part numbers.

OP
OP
J

J B pdt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A second question:

Is there really a difference between going with the Arnott AS-3066 rear shock vs going with the ACDelco 504-1723 and using the X-ineering delete modules (MRC not height sensor)?

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the Arnotts. It was a looooooong decision. I was going to go with a king 3.0 f, custom 3.0 rear.
ADS has a f/r 2.5/2.5 set up which was a possibility.

if I was going to dump that many thousands, I’d want it to be able to cruise washboards at 30 mph for 2-3 hrs. Sadly this is just not possibly with how heavy an XL Denali is and how small the travel and cooling ability is on our shock geometry.

so since I can’t do that it was what’s the best option for oem replacements and not getting crazy.

End of the day, all of the available shocks, ac delco, Monroe, Rancho etc etc are all 1.97 inch body shocks. So essentially the exact same. Probably the same exact piston design and valve stack in the shock.

the Arnott uses a ln eibach 1.97/2.0 shock, and they say they have a little more valving in it than stock.

It’s 100% bolt in plug and play. Keeps the air bag system working perfect. One thing I didn’t realize was that the Arnott fronts level the truck.
That’s an added bonus.

it rides exactly how a stock vehicle should. Better than our Denali XL ever did. Our mrc would over heat and chatter with in a block or two when ever the weather was over 75° which is always. And the same chatter with in a few miles no matter how cold it was.

we had the vehicle to the dealer month 1 and they said it’s working as designed.

anyways, the Arnott has all the foolers built in. The rear airbag was better quality than the stock bag. It has a level built in. And the ride is just like you’d expect the Denali to ride new.

I don’t expect much out of it offroad, after all it’s a 6500-7200# vehicle depending on load, on skinny tiny shocks.
So I’ll keep my fast stuff to the prerunner.

but I’d do the Arnott again if it were a stock replacement type choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe